or Connect

Posts by noobmom

The OP's title clearly says, "A vent about the IL's and Santa". Why are people jumping all over her--it's a vent.   Anyway, I feel for you. We don't do Santa either. Last Christmas I repeatedly explained Santa wasn't real and he got in trouble at school for telling some of the other kids. As if a 3 yo understands keeping a secret for other children. This year I've been more or less avoiding the issue and DS, who is 4 now, gets the idea that Santa is real from, well,...
If you have the funds, I would buy a Scenera for the baby and a Safe Rider Travel Vest for your older daughter. You can pack the vest in your luggage. Then you would only lug the Scenera onboard and your older daughter could sit in it, as long as you don't mind having to rethread the straps when you land.
I'm surprised at all the people who voted homemaker. I check that box if that's the only option on a form, but when asked, I always say SAHM. I would be (and did) cook, clean, and generally keep up the house even if I was WOH. So, to me, the difference is that I take care of my kids now instead of working in IT. The parenting is the important distinction to me. Obviously, if I didn't have kids, it would be different. Then I would either be a homemaker (if...
My oldest is only 4, so take this for what it's worth... If I was BFing, definitely the first year. I'm not able to pump and store easily (lipase issue). I'd be tempted to say the second year as well because I really do not like leaving my pre-verbal children with other people. Although I don't have any teenagers yet, I was a teenager (in the distance past ). And really, I didn't need my mom to be SAH. She mostly worked at night though, so maybe that's the...
As a family, we get take-out/fast food about 2-3 times a week. However, if you count my husband's lunches, it goes to probably almost every day.
Which 1/4 of the beef are you getting? Are you getting a front or hindquarter or are you getting 1/4 of the of the total animal? That makes a huge difference because different cuts are cut from different places. For example, you'll get chuck roasts from a front quarter and rump roasts if you buy a hindquarter. Also, you'll get a lot more steaks (and usually pay more per pound) if you're getting the hindquarter versus the front. If you're just getting 1/4 the total of the...
I'd drink unsweetened iced tea. Doesn't get more natural than that.
I had a pretty good day today. I did the grocery shopping, cleaned the toilets/sinks/mirrors in the bathrooms, cooked dinner, and scrubbed out the kitchen sink. DH pitched in and vacuumed half the house (non-bedroom areas) and mopped the bathroom floors. After I finish my tea and cookies, I think I'll work on the clutter on my desk--that's a constant battle.
Oh, that sounds so awful! I honestly can't get over the fact that your MIL was unable to reach you. Really? Have you changed phone numbers recently? How is it possible that she doesn't have your correct number? To me that is almost more disturbing than the spanking. Regarding the spanking, I don't want to make you more upset, but I don't see how an adult who is so stressed out that can't refrain from spanking could do a "light tap", KWIM? Why didn't your MIL...
DH was an only and I was one of 3. He had a happy childhood (as did I), so naturally, he was happy with just 1 child whereas I always thought I wanted at least 2, if not 3. We were very happy with just the two of us and DS. He was a difficult baby, but an easy toddler and we had one of those lives where it was still mostly "adult". DS kept late hours with us and was well-behaved to the point where we could easily take him to concerts or nice restaurants. Not to say...