or Connect

Posts by noobmom

I have a lingering bad memory of my mom trashing some "junk" that was important to me (a card made for me by a friend when I was about 6 years old). I don't trash anything like that without checking with DS first. I do explain to him that we need to clear out stuff now and again and we sit down together to do it. I allow him to keep some things and we revisit it at a later time. DS has an unbelievable memory and will not forget anything. Things like balloons or empty...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirky I definitely recommend using the safety elastic on the Ergo if you end up getting an Ergo, but even if not they're tested and high-quality buckles if you go with a good reputable name brand carrier. Like military grade/hiking grade plastic buckles. As Christine says you have to watch out for car doors -- that's the enemy #1 of plastic buckles. I always teach parents that they have to listen for that good solid...
Just a thought, but could you cut out the plastic layer? Either by pulling the seam or simply cutting out the panel. I know it would suck since you paid so much for it, but I wouldn't use it if I had already spent all that money on the wool mattress and pad. Also, I would check to make sure you really can't return it. How long as it been?
So glad your DD is okay. In the "old days" a lot of the grocery stores in my area were set up in the same way. There was a series of barricades to keep the carts near the store. The idea was that you left your groceries in the cart and pulled your car up to the curb to load them. Often there was an employee that kept an eye on everyone's stuff and loaded your groceries into your trunk for you. When we were older my mom usually left us with the cart while she went to get...
It's probably fine. I've taken a solidly frozen chicken out of my freezer before and put it into my fridge and it's still mostly frozen the next day. They take about 2-3 days to thaw completely in the fridge and I'm guessing your freezer was at least that cold even cracked open slightly. However, I tend to err on the side of safety so while I personally might eat it and serve it to my husband, I wouldn't serve it to any young children or eat it if I was pregnant. Or I...
Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 What's her percentile for height? Because if she's about the same for both, then I guess I don't see the issue weight-wise. My kids were always 90th/90th or more. I believe the OP said her DD weight-for-height was a high percentile. Meaning she's not particularly tall. Quote: Originally Posted by mrsfrenchy ETA: JudiAU, The options for playgroups and such in our area are next to...
I'm in the market for a new carrier--DD is getting too big and heavy for me to carry for long periods of time in the ring sling. I tried my friend's Ergo the other day and it felt awesome, but I was nervous the entire time that the buckle is the only thing keeping the baby from falling off my back. I've done back carries before with a mei tai and even if the knot comes loose, it wouldn't be a big deal--I would notice the loosening and be able to get the baby out. My friend...
I would check out sleeping baby productions. Jan is well-known in the baby wearing community and is very conscientious about the safety her slings. She's plus-sized herself so she can help you with sizing, etc. Finally, I think her prices are very reasonable for the high-quality product she provides. I know I sound like an ad, but I have two of her slings and I love them both. http://www.sleepingbaby.net/ Her shoulders are sewn a little differently than a Maya Wrap,...
Both my babies napped in their ring slings. Normally I carried them upright in a front carry. I don't like tucking their feet in so they've always slept with their legs out.
What about a buckwheat pillow? Perhaps it would keep your DD's head cooler. Also, you could take the buckwheat hulls out periodically and wash the case.