or Connect

Posts by noobmom

2 million is what I calculate I need to invest to maintain my standard of living in retirement, so I would be thrilled to pieces to get that as a lump sum. I wouldn't buy a house with it! I'd get a financial planner and invest the money into a relatively safe, income-producing portfolio. In fact, what I would specifically do is transfer all the money to Vanguard and utilize services, which are quite extensive if you have that much money invested with them. If I was...
Playsilks (buy from dharma trading co. and dye them with kool-aid) are great for all ages, but particularly the 1 yo.
Ahh, this is one of those questions that so subjective (even though it seems it should be objective). We live in the South. We keep ours around 77 during the day and raise it up to 80 at night in the parts of the house we're not sleeping. I should mention, however, that the temp I set it at has a lot less to do with the ambient air temperature and more to do with the humidity. This spring I had to drop it a couple of degrees cooler because the A/C wasn't running...
When my son wet our mattress, I used Bac-Out on it, just like the PP said. Worked get in the sense that there's no smell...however, our mattress is now stained either from the pee, the water I used to dilute it, or the Bac-Out.
Is MOTH "Managers of their Homes" http://www.titus2.com/ecommerce/prod...sting.php/1100? I had to google it to figure out what it stood for. I'm thinking about jumping on the Motivated Moms bandwagon. The lists seem dead simple, but maybe that's what I need right now--someone else to write it down for me. Anyone have a guess as to whether the WAHM will offer it for sale soon? I found some threads that said she cut the price to $4 around this time of year (I guess since...
It seems pointless to me to sanitize toys, for the most part. As soon as the kids play with them, the germs are back. So I only clean/sanitize when they are dirty or if a sick friend slobbers all over it. I do wash toys that have been in public, like the PP. I guess it's a "my" germs versus outside germs thing.
What do you mean by size 16 yo? I just looked at a chart with kid's clothing sizes and the difference between a 10 kids and a 16 kids is only 3 inches in the bust and in the chest. When you take into account that kids often need to wear a size bigger than their age, that doesn't sound huge to me. I think the PP thought you meant size 16 (women's) which would be an entirely different thing. 2 eggs + strawberries doesn't sound like enough breakfast to me for a growing...
Ugh! I didn't have too much of a problem during pregnancy, but after birth I was only going every 3-4 days. Talk about torture! And the stool softeners could hardly touch it. Exercise can help your bowels get moving, so maybe some light walking? Also, try to put your feet up a bit while you're on the pot--just so you're in more of a squatting type position. Try to stop straining, you don't want to give yourself hemorrhoids!
Quote: Originally Posted by Heavenly Do the Foogo ones hold enough food for a child? They don't look very large. Do they actually keep the food warm, because my older daughter will not eat food if it's just lukewarm. Yes, they do work well to keep the food warm. What I do is fill the Thermos with hot water and let it sit while I cook or heat up the food in the microwave. Then I empty out the water, fill it up with food, and put the lid on....
I don't raise guineas, but I've gotten eggs from the local poultry farm. The eggs are very good. The yolks seem to be about the same size as chicken egg yolks, but the egg overall is smaller, so the ratio of yolk to white is higher. I like them! Oh, I was surprised the first time I broke one--the shells are quite a bit thicker than chicken eggs.