or Connect

Posts by mamacake

I was EBF 30 years ago and my mom would babysit for her friend who had a little boy the same age as me and she would BF him and vice versa when her friend babysat me. Sadly we recently found out that her friend's son committed suicide - and my mom was so upset when she found out. She kept saying "I nursed him- I nursed him when he was a little baby" I'd love to be able to leave my daughter with someone who could feed her as she won't take a bottle...But i dont have...
If you look at the negative reviews of this book on Amazon- one woman talks about how she tried to follow the EASY schedule with her new baby and ended up with no milk and had to start supplementing with formula. It's sad! I know how much my little one ate in the beginning- following no routine whatsoever and nursing for hours (Hogg advises against allowing this in her book)- If I hadn't let me baby nurse at will I never would have had enough milk... And yes- she's...
Glad someone else is having this issue...DD (born 9-15-07) is the same way. The Sears book and the NCSS don't address this- they just say that you can get some time with your spouse when the little one goes to bed in your bed before you do! Mine will go down for naps just fine by herself but at night all she wants is to curl up with mom- if I put her down asleep/nurse her to sleep she just wakes up after five minutes and screams if I'm not there...I love co-sleeping but I...