or Connect

Posts by ajnans@msn.com

Dear TrinkDea, You post has had me upset for 2 days.  I believe that her behavior and threats are criminal and I believe your DH needs to man up and protect you.  You are the female head of the household in your home and you deserve respect.  If she rolled her eyes at you or said "whatever" it would be in line of what one could expect from an immature 16 year old, but she is way out of bounds.  The behavior between you dh and stepdaughter is toxic.  She is the oldest...
I have found step parenting extremely difficult and I have now two grown step children and it is still difficult.  My step children are good people and they had a hard time with their parents' divorce.  I find parenting my own children, including a set of triplets and a 4th child, much, much easier than step parenting.  I agree with the ladies that your role as stepmom is ambiguous and fraught with a long history of evil images (ie. Cinderella).  My values are healthy,...
Soy is not the enemy. The soybean is a good source of protein and calcium, and it is one of the few significant plant sources of the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). This lipid, when metabolized into DHA, is a vital component in the structural development of the brain and must be adequately supplied during the first years of life. Although fermented soy products are the best, a little soy milk is not bad. You could make it at home if you wanted with...
Isn't it convenient that all this about soy being bad has come out with soy products becoming very popular! Does anyone think a threatened, very rich dairy industry might have something to do with all this bad press? In Japan, soy products have been a staple for centuries and Japanese people have been very healthy until recent Western foods have penetrated their society. I'm not a fan of soy pills for menopause, but soy milk and tempah should not be villainized. All...
My daughter is not violent, but can get pretty wound up and has tantrums every few days. We eat a whole foods diet, so I know that is not the problem. I have started giving her the Herbs for Kids Valerian/Chamomile drops mixed with apple cider when she seems to get wound up. This works very well for her and she does calm down. I also have started giving her more attention when she gets wound up and listening to her more and trying to understand her point of view. We...