or Connect

Posts by kchara

I don't see any signs of a meddling MIL, I see signs of a concerned mother whose son is about to bring another life into this world. A concerned mother lets her son know his apartment might need cleaned up, for safety's sake, before the baby gets here. A meddling MIL goes in with every cleaning supply known to mankind and cleans it HER way for him. (My mother is a meddling mother, and she actually did that to me... and I wasn't even pregnant yet!) If he was flunking...
Oh my goodness!!! Why do people think it's OK to be SO very rude??? Assuming this woman went to her well-baby checks (and most people do), the doctor would've picked up on something like that. AND, what if the doctor had, and they had a dx, and they just weren't ready or willing to share at that point? It's TRULY nobody's business! Ugh, I hate rude people!
Quote: Originally Posted by Freefromitall I agree, to a point. Of course I would be upset, and of course I would want to vent about it. And I do think her frustration is understandable, and while I'm not anti-gun, I can grasp how violated it would make a person feel, to deal with someone who has such complete disregard for her wishes rearenting. But the fact of the matter is that she's in the unfortunate position of no longer having the luxury to say,...
I only had pain meds with my last pregnancy, and that was because they gave me a second bag of pit, which I had never had and seriously ticked me off. Since I couldn't breastfeed anyway (other meds), I took the vicodin, but it worked WONDERS for me. If it doesn't work for you, don't know what they'd give you, but I wouldn't worry about it. If I had known then what I knwo now, it wouldn't have been an issue.
We talk about how sex is a precious gift. Only you can choose who give that gift to. I gave it away badly, and I regret it. I wish I could go back and save myself for my husband. But I can't. We will talk (when it's appropriate, they're 6, 7, and 1 now) about how personally premarital sex affected us, and our marriage (leaving out sordid details, of course). DH and I have discussed this in depth, adn we both wish we'd have waited now, and both want better for our...
My kids have done this, and when they do, I've noticed that it's because my husband has tightened their straps. Again. He keeps them pretty tight, for safety's sake (which I understand), but he tends to forget that they grow, or in the winter they need loosened for coats and such, or things like that. I would double check her straps, and loosen them a bit, perhaps.
I know how you feel, when I was pregnant with my first, my stepmother had TONS of unsolicited advice. She'd never had a child of her own, and wasn't that much older than me. Her judgements and attitude TOTALLY turned me off to natural childbirth, breastfeeding, and AP parenting in general, for a VERY long time. (To be fair, the breastfeeding thing wasn't just her...the REALLY bad LLL in the area helped to completely discourage and belittle me, but that's another...
Quote: Originally Posted by griffin2004 Your daughter's story was so fantastic (as in fantasy) that I'm surprised everyone bought into it lock, stock, and barrel without verifying any aspect. A "rush to judgment," if you will. Dad breaks up with A; A's career and reputation is endangered; DD is shuttled from doctor to therapist; you and Dad are guilt-ridden; etc etc. It sounds to me like DD got exactly what she was hoping for: a whole lotta hoopla...
Your ex definately needs to respect your feelings about the situation. And laughing at you was completely immature and childish. That said, they're his kids too. In a lot of places (where we live, for example), hunting is a tradition passed on from father to son. If he's just finding this recently (in the last few years or so), he's probably excited to find something that he can share with his children, who he doesn't get to see all of the time. If he wants to teach...
Thanks, I'd really appriciate it! It's a long shot, that we'd be able to plan everything "just right," but it's great to know our options!