or Connect

Posts by kchara

I'm SO glad no one has been hurting your precious baby, but I'm SO VERY sorry for your diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hi ladies! DH is possibly going to be sent to San Antonio for National Guard training over the summer, which is when I will be due with our 4th. If he does, we'll go down with him, hopefully, and I'll probably give birth down there. Has anyone delivered at Brook Army Medical Center? DH says that would probably be our backup. We'd try to get housing, but it's been so long, I don't remember any rules about homebirths in housing. Are there any? Is Brook pretty...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arwyn I would also say to you that in-labor intravenous pitocin (as opposed to postpartum pitocin shot) actually increases the risk of hemorrhage, so the fact that you were bleeding "too much" while on pitocin in the hospital is a very poor indication of increased risk of bleeding at home without it. : I hemorraged pretty badly with my youngest DS (at least, they claimed I did, and they looked awful worried, but I...
BLT's. I haven't had one yet, because we're out of bread at the moment, but I'm DYING for a turkey bacon BLT. And, speaking of which... I'm hungry. Must be snack time.
I would REALLY be uncomfortable, if this was my DD. I don't think the boy had any malicious thought in mind, but I seriously wonder if he's being abused himself. If he is, it's not going to stop, andyou can bet the second you turn your back (and you'll have to, at some point), it'll happen again. It sounds like he needs therapy, this is not jsut playing doctor.
My kids haven't gotten their grandparents gifts yet, but they're on their way, I know. The only truly irritating thing (that I know of ) that's coming is Barbie dolls. Which isn't so bad in and of themselves, but I SPECIFICALLY asked that they not be given as gifts anymore, that we were moving away from them, and they were bought for the simple fact that I said that. Kind of a slap in the face. So, yeah, I'm ticked, but I haven't decided what to do yet.
My 6 and 7 yo are expected to keep the living room and their bedrooms tidy, and they clean the kitchen after dinner every night. When we get a washer, they'll be learning how to wash their own clothes. Now I'M a slavedriver... LOL But, like some of the PP said, I don't want them thinking that a) I'm their maid (we went through that last summer, I about blew a gasket. Never again!), or b) I want them to be very used to those things when they get out on their own. Oh,...
My mom is borderline, so I somewhat know what you're going through. It's so hard when you're dealing with someone you love having a personality disorder like that. It helps me to remember that she is mentally ill, and that it's OK to still love her, even if I can't deal with her illness at times. Feel free to PM me if you need a shoulder to cry on.
Quote: Originally Posted by PinkinPA Well, first let me say that this guy is not a true fundementalist Christian. I am and I guarantee you that these behaviors he is doing to you are NOT things the Bible says are ok. Second, run from this guy and NEVER look back. Seriously, do you really want your children using this man as a role model for manhood? I can see how he is using God and the Bible to confuse you and it is sick and so is he. : As...
I was PLANNING a homebirth, but due to unforseen finances, I'm not going to be able to pay for my midwife. Insurance sucks. So, anyway, we're down to a hospital birth, and we're looking between Sheridan and Buffalo. Has anyone had hospital births in either town? What are the L&D wards like? Can you recommend an OB? (We're thinking of Dr. Gill and his wife, since she's at least a midwife. Any experiences?) What about doulas? Any suggestions? We live in Buffalo,...