or Connect

Posts by kchara

((((Hugs))))) This is my mom and brother to a T.  It's sometimes like you grew up in an insane asylum, where the inmates are in charge.  It takes years to realize that it's not you, it's THEM.  Gaslighting is so dangerous because of the manipulation involved.  My husband can tell me I'm being overly sensitive, I know he loves me and has my best interest at heart.  Someone who is gaslighting, though... they are trying to make you think you're crazy, in an attempt to...
Wow, I'm loving looking through everyone's boards!!  Here is my link. :)  http://pinterest.com/TPHAcademy/  
And I believe Shoshanna writes for NGJ magazine, although it's been a VERY long time since I've seen one, thank God.  I used to buy from BHS, but I don't anymore for this very reason.  It makes me ill to think that a penny of my money went to support NGJ in any way.   
Awesome!!!  So glad you found a solution!!  We're working to get our home toxin-free, too, so I can imagine how frustrating that would be.   
Would mesh be an option?  You could still see into it, but it's not PVC.  http://www.amazon.com/Jansport-Mesh-Back-Pack-Navy/dp/B0018JIXOW/ref=sr_1_10?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1346343034&sr=1-10&keywords=clear+backpack  
I guess my priorities would be lower cost, avoiding toxins, and eco-friendly.  Space has to be a consideration, which is why we looked at domes.  They look to have the most space, with the least effort.  We would love to move eventually to the Pacific NW (maybe Oregon), so we'd need some insulation, as well.  Straw bale homes might work really well, too.  Thanks for all of the food for thought!  
We like Clarksville b/c our church (off Wilma Rudolph) and the kids' AWANA is up here (near Ft. Campbell), and we hate to switch the kids.  Again.  Ugh.  But, down 12 would be really nice, too.  DH knows the area much better than I do.  I tend to be a homebody, and his job is almost constant driving.  I will definitely look down by Sango, too, thanks!
Thanks for the ideas, I'll definitely work more on asking him if he wants XYZ and see if that doesn't cut back on the screaming.  It is incredibly frustrating.  We're working on quiet voices, and he does use his quiet voice... for like 2 seconds.  And then he's over it.  When we were grocery shopping, he was screaming just to hear the echo in the big store, I think.  Yeah, the other shoppers didn't think it was cute, either.   
We're desperately seeking a 3 br rental in Clarksville,  It needs to have a yard, and we'll pay extra for a fenced in yard.  We have a dog, and that's seeming to be problematic, but she's going on 11, and she's been with us her whole life, so I won't give her up.  It would be cruel.  She's a good dog, though, up to date on shots and such.  She does need a yard to exercise, so an apartment isn't an option.  We have 6 kids, so we'd like to go no smaller than 1500 sq ft. ...
I threw away To Train Up a Child.  Thoroughly.  There's no way I could even give that one away in good conscience.