or Connect

Posts by kchara

Quote: Originally Posted by becker206 I am from Gillette. I would love to find a family doctor or pediatrician that is pro vaccination choice within a few hours driving distance. I am married (7 years) have a daughter who is 18 months. She was born c-section but I will be trying for a natural VBAC with a midwife in Spearfish, SD for our second. Hopefully trying to concieve sometime this winter. I'm pretty late getting to this thread (don't...
DH might be taking a job in the SE corner of Nebraska. It's territorial, so it's pretty much up to us where we live. We've got 5 kids, 8, 7, 2, and 6 mo twins. We homeschool, and we don't vax. We have a GREAT pediatrician up here in Wyoming, and I'm hoping to find another good one down there. (I'm rather spoiled by the practice we're at now, I'll admit...) What area would you move to? I'd like something that has other homeschoolers, is hopefully rural or...
Thanks for your response! We went with Dr. Gill, I had my first appt with Brigit, his midwife/wife, she's the one who actually found the twins. I forgot to ask about their c-section rate, b/c I was still freaking out about the twins, LOL but she did say that right now, they don't consider me high risk, which is a HUGE plus, and that as long as Baby A is head down, they'll let me deliver vaginally, adn try to turn Baby B if they're breech during delivery. She went...
We're having twins! We foudn out last Thursday, via u/s. It was a shock, our first doc appt, and since we were so "late" getting in (I'll never understand the need to start seeing the woman RIGHT NOW... especially when it's not her first pregnancy!!), she wanted to do an u/s right away. I had actually sent DH and the kids out, b/c it was a vaginal u/s, but she turned on the machine and said I should probably call DH back in. At which time I slightly freaked, thinking...
I second getting a copy of "The Business of Being Born." My husband was DEAD set against hb when I first brought it up, but now, he's almost as upset as I am that I have to go to a hospital. (Long story, insurance issues...) Anyway, it helped that I bombarded him with links, and youtubes of great homebirths, and he took it upon himself to educate himself somewhat, too. But TBOBB helps A LOT! ETA; If I had taken a hard-line approach, "It's my body and my birth adn...
OK, here's what I see: You have two distinct, yet seperate issues going on here. #1, your parenting choices, and their disapproval. First of all, I would shut down that conversation IMMEDIATELY. It's really not worth the hassle. I think you've gotten some great advice already on that. #2, though, is the turkey gravey issue. IMHO, that had nothing to do with parenting, or with your LO. It had EVERYTHING to do with disrespect to YOU PERSONALLY. Using your LO...
Sloth, I would think. Then Wrath. Then Gluttony. The kids are complaining that mommy gets all of the good snacks in the house, b/c of the babies. I feel bad, but, dang it, I'm hungry!!!!
Wow, and I thought I played rough with my kids!! I would NEVER do something like THAT! Good grief, what is that guy thinking???? The baby seemed to be making happy noises, though, although I don't think that's enough to justify what was going on. I swear some people.
I wouldn't stress, if you're not seeing a reaction. My dad gave my DS a peanut butter sandwich at 6 months. He didn't know any better, he'd never heard about increasing the risk of food allergies like that. I read him the riot act, but then I felt bad later, b/c he honestly didn't know, and none of my kids are allergic. If you have egg allergies in the family, then, yeah, I might worry, but if not, just keep an eye on him and try not to worry.
Oh, I would die. I can't do mice... can't Can't CAN'T!! Evil little buggers. Our last house had a HORRIBLE problem, took forever to get rid of them. First thing I did when we moved in here was make DH mouse proof much as we could, and then threatened to get a cat if I even THOUGHT I saw a sign. Luckily, our dog is a pretty good mouser, so that helps. So sorry, OP!! Hope you get 'em out quickly!!