or Connect

Posts by LovnMyBoys

Wow, there are some pretty mobile babies here.  Elias can transfer from sitting to tummy, but doesn't go anywhere from there.  He loves to stand holding my hands and can stand unsupported at the couch for a little bit.  He says dada (sometime with correct meaning) and does ton of random chattering.  He has sometimes started saying yay when clapping, loves to give high fives and has just started waving in the last few days.  He tried banana as a first solid and the tummy...
I'm another one who has been MIA.  I've tried to check in here but getting to post is another story.  I've left the keyboard three times already at this point in this post so I'll see what I get in. The time is just flying by.  I'm not sure if I updated at any point but this year has been a bit of a challenge.  January was spent pretty much living in the hospital with RSV and flu in both the baby and my 3yo.  At one point I had both in the hospital on separate wards,...
Our co-op nursery school is great.  All  of the parents have been very careful.  Ds2 only has about 9 safe foods so we provide the snacks for him.  Some parents have gone as far as to ask prior to their assigned snack day if there is anything they could bring for everyone that is safe for him.  We usually check in with the snack parent at drop off and put his snack out and let them know if there is anything safe in the days snack for him (usually a single fruit).  They...
I agree with the G being much better than the NG.  We've only done the PEG tube and Mic-Key so I can't really speak to preference of types.
Your post brought tears to my eyes.  I had the exact same thoughts during ds2's most recent hospital stay.  He too has had to endure many medical procedures, and during the last couple stays many invasive tests were met with "Don't touch me" and "I don't want you to do that".  I believe in respecting my child's opinions and it was so hard to have to assist in overriding those opinions. That and I want him to know he does have the right to say no.  He is very verbal and...
Just wondering how many of us are not finished having babies yet. Before Elias was conceived we were kind of settling on the idea of being finished at two and I was feeling okay with that.  Now we have three and you would think I should feel complete now, but I don't.  I really think I want #4.  Maybe that will change but I've pretty much felt that way since he was born.  Dh won't give me a definite answer on whether he is up for 4 or not.  He keeps saying things like...
Elias at three months. He is such a happier baby now which is making life easier.  Still likes to be held all the time so our carriers are getting good use.  He was happy in the babyhawk on my back while I did all the Christmas baking with the older two so that was nice. About to start my cooking for 15 for Christmas Eve dinner  tonight so I'm sure he'll be enjoying another carrier day (although there are extra adults for cuddles too).  Hope everyone is enjoying the...
Elias is just starting to switch out of the newborn dipes.  We use mainly fitteds which has been KL0s until this point and transitioning into Goodmamas with wool covers.  We also have Fuzzi Bunz and I've been using smalls with an extra hemp insert for night and his XS during the day if that is what is left.  I have some bamboo prefolds which only I use.  Dh doesn't share the prefold love.
Elias is 10.5 weeks.  He often gets called lovey here.  I think I started that one and then the older boys kept it up.  He is crazy strong too.  He can sit well in the bumbo, and loves doing it so he can be involved in playing with his brothers.  If he is on his tummy his legs go non stop and he ends up moving himself along the floor a bit.  No rolling though.  He loves watching his brothers sing and dance,  and often wants to be held standing up and dancing too. ...
We're usually on the other side as well.  I'm avoiding all dairy and soy for my youngest, my middle only has 7 safe foods and my oldest is dairy, soy, gluten and egg allergic.  I do not expect any person to cater to our needs, but am absolutely thrilled when they do.  I always send my oldest with food to parties because a lot of people just don't understand how to make safe food.  I usually just ask what they are serving and make him a safe version of that.  I will also...