or Connect

Posts by NP2B

Another breastfeeding question.  Not sure if I should post this in the BF or Multiples forum.    Has anyone only  breastfed one of their twins?  My girls were born 4 weeks ago (at 33wks6days).  One of the babies(E-the bigger one) is breastfeeding well and I still cannot get the other baby(A) to latch on.  I've been pumping after each feeding, so both babies are getting breastmilk.   I don't know how much longer I can continue to breastfeed(E), then pump, then...
The bigger baby (E) seems to have gotten then hang of breastfeeding.   She was 4 lbs 14 oz at her last checkup (almost 2 weeks ago).  The smaller baby (A) was 4 lbs 6 oz at her last checkup.  I try several times a day to get A to latch on, but it is so difficult and time consuming.  She doesn't open her mouth very wide.  The LC told us to come back for a visit closer to their due date if she doesn't get the hang of it.     
I don't have any advice, just wanted to say that I'm in a similar situation.  My twin girls are about the same gestational age as yours.  (My EDD was 1/21, but they were born 6 wks early)  They were 3 lbs 14 oz and 4 lbs 9 oz.  I cannot get the smaller one to open her mouth big enough to latch on.  I keep hoping it will get better as we get closer to their due date, but I'm concerned that she is learning bad habits from the bottle. 
I ended up delivering at 33 wks 6 days for high blood pressure/ HELLP syndrome.   I had to have a c/s because baby A was breech (as she has been all along) and she was in distress.  They only  had to stay in the hospital for 1 week and are now home with me. 
I have no advice, but just wanted to say that I'm in the same position as you(or at least my girls are!)  I'm 30 wks and they're both breech.  They've been that way all along.  I'm running out of hope that they'll turn and accepting the fact that I'll have to have  a c/s. 
Hello all.  I'm haven't been on here much- been busy  working full time and taking care of my 3 year old.  I'm 30 weeks and my EDD is 1/20.  I'm on Procardia for my BP and also to prevent preterm labor/contractions.   With my son I was induced a month early for elevated BP so I'm already bigger now than I was when I delivered him.  So far the twin pregnancy has gone easier than my singleton.  The only problem I have now is being tired.  And I'm a little stressed out...
It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm finally starting to eat more so hopefully they scale will go up soon.
I requested as well- Rikki
I'm 11 weeks pregnant w/ twins and I'm still below my prepregnancy weight. I'm not throwing up anymore, but I am nauseated all.the.time. I make myself eat every couple of hours, but I cannot eat any meat or large amounts of food because it makes me feel bad for hours afterwards. I have no appetite. With my first child, I only gained 7 lbs due to similar issues(nausea never went away), but this time I am determined to eat better and gain more weight!!!
EDD 1/20/11 Your Name: Rikki Age 26 State or Country: Texas How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 1/2 years What number child is this for you: #2 and # 3 Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH Scott, DS Brodie (turned 3 y/o yesterday) Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Boy/Girl would Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for a vaginal delivery.