or Connect

Posts by PenelopeJune

All my worries for nothing! She asked about vaccinations, and I said we file a religious exemption with the school. That was all! Whew!   She did circle "vaccinations" on the topics of anticipatory guidance section, but I guess I'm not worried about that too much. (She also circled "behavior" on my son's chart, and my son is every teacher's dream student and an extremely well-behaved little boy. She circled hygiene on both of them, which baffles me because we are...
I have to take my kids to the county health clinic for a health assessment so that I can enroll them in their new school. I'm just trying to build myself up for the inevitible "zomg you are a terrible mother" lecture that I will get. The check ups always go perfectly fine, with the kids showing as perfectly healthy and great, and then they ask about vax status, and suddenly you would think that I said that I douse them in liquid hot magma every night before...
I'm so glad your DH got a job! Yay!   I would NOT sell the house. My guess is that you could not even rent a place for under $600 a month, and if it's anywhere like where I live, the place would be a utility-sucking hellhole anyway. Not to mention paying deposits for turning on utilities (which are higher for renters than homeowners) I really REALLY don't think it's a good idea. I'd do anything and everything to get those back taxes paid off ASAP though. It would be...
I think, at the very minimum, you should be making minimum wage. These people are taking advantage of you, in a big way. I'd get another job, because there is no way they are going to make the leap from $2 an hour to what you should be making.
This was the absolute hardest thing for me. My ex wasn't abusive, though he is selfish and kind of an asshole. I'm familiar with your thread on PaP, and it does make me nervous for you.   We'd been having problems for a LONG time. One day I finally told him that I was thinking of moving in with my mom. He was SOOOO upset. I honestly don't even like to think about it. It was pretty much the worst day of my life. I'm not telling you this to scare you, it's the...
Is anyone else getting a lot of doubt from people around them? Everyone is super excited when I tell them I'm going to school, but when I explain that I'm going full-time for the next six years, their faces get funny and they all say, "Wow. Well, good luck!" It's very frustrating and makes me doubt myself just a tiny bit every single time it happens.
Can you rent out a room or two in your house? It will mean kids will have to share, but they will if you get an apartment, too. I have a friend who has done this, and it seems to be working well.
Thanks Rosadesal! The family housing I'm moving to is pretty great...right on campus, 2 bedroom,  $472 a month includes all utilities. They aren't cute, but they are clean and safe, which is all I really need. It's for married students and/or with children, and graduate students.
Awesome, it's nice to meet another person doing the same thing! I decided to go big or go home. I have two kids, ages 7 and almost 5, and I start school in August. I just left my husband, which took a lot of planning and figuring out. I was working as a para in a special ed preschool, and I LOVED my job, but it didn't pay enough to live on.   So now I'm moving an hour away to live in university-owned family housing, and I will be going to school full-time and not...
Thank you, Bokonon. I will double check with my mom, but I don't think she has it anymore. I hope I don't have to have titers tested, I have no insurance.   Will colleges (it's a state university) accept religious exemptions? (I'm in Kansas) If so, I will just file one of those. I already have them for both of my kids.