or Connect

Posts by PenelopeJune

Is the program accredited with ASHA? http://www.asha.org/careers/professions/slp.htm   If not, you probably won't be able to get a job as a speech pathologist. I'd be leary of an entirely on-line speech pathology program, as a very good portion of the education is done in a clinical setting. I do not see Ashford listed in ASHA's programs list. ASHA is pretty much the be-all, end-all of licensing for speech paths.   I am going to start school in August to become a...
That seems like a good method, Worthy! I like it!   I sorted winter clothes to be packed away. I need some low tubs that will go under a bed, though, to store it all in.   I have a MOUNTAIN of bags to be donated in my kitchen. Seven giant trash bags, and that doesn't include the many that I have just thrown away. I still need to find a place to take all this stuff.   I bought a label maker on Friday. That thing has changed my life. Unfortunately, I already...
I have a HUGE box of papers from our old houses. We owned two houses ( House 1 - purchased 2003, sold 2006; House 2 - purchased 2006, short-sold 2009) and I have every single paper from the closings. Do I need to keep these? If so, for how long?
Wow, Worthy, that's great. When we lived in a rental home that had been taken over by mold, the estimate was in the 10,000-20,000 range. The house was a dump and the mold remediation guys just recommended bulldozing the house, as it was a piece of crap.   Another two bags of stuff taken out of the kids' bedroom. That makes four total! I also took a few toys to the garage for storage. (I'll leave them here and they can just be DH's problem. :p ) It looks so much...
I can't give you any advice, but I just wanted to say that I'm starting school this fall to become a speech pathologist. I'm behind you, though, because I'm starting from the very bottom, having not been to college at all.   So hello, and good luck on your journey!
Welcome, Okapi! Good job with your decluttering so far!   I hadn't sorted or decluttered anything in a week or so, but today I started on the kids' room. It is such a HUGE job that I've been putting it off.   First I sent the kids in with a trash bag to throw away trash. (Mostly artwork, some broken toys, and some outright trash that I have NO idea why it made it in their room.)   Then I had them bring out toys into the living room, and we sorted. I got rid...
kt mommy: If you still have boxes that never got unpacked, do you need them? Unless there is something you KNOW you want in them, I'd get rid of them. You haven't needed that stuff in almost 10 years.   I'd start decluttering now, but I wouldn't really pack anything until mid summer. I can't live with boxes around me for that long. I'd go through one drawer/cabinet/closet each day. Get rid of the obvious stuff. For me, the easy stuff is my clothes, but I tend to need...
I need help in this area, too! My 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son share a bedroom, and it functions as their playroom, as well. Well, in theory it does. In reality, it is one huge messy crapheap that no one wants to play in.   Have you checked Pinterest? I've been trolling Pinterest for days for good ideas. Use the search function for variations on 'kid rooms'.
I followed EarthyMama's lead and got rid of some bedding. A bunch of king-sized sheets in girly prints. Since my husband will be keeping the king sized bed, and he doesn't like girly sheets, away they went!   Hmmm...what else can I get rid of?
Thanks Worthy! It's actually really great right now. We've not gotten along in over 2 years, and now that we are splitting up it's SUCH a relief for both of us. We've agreed on splitting all the major things we own, and even most of the minor things. We're really agreeing on everything now, which is weird, and very nice!   I'll be living in on-campus family housing while I go to school, and I am really looking forward to decorating it. :) And I'm going to have THREE...