or Connect

Posts by PenelopeJune

Thank you all for the feedback and info! I thought of a question last night. If you live in family housing, do you have to move out each summer if you plan to go to school there in the fall? That would be massively hard on my kids, so I'm hoping the answer is no.
I managed to fit two boxes worth of photos into one box by getting rid of a TON of pictures. WHY would I save duplicate pictures? WHY would I save a horrid picture of my mom blinking? WHY would I save pictures of scenery, unlabeled so I have no idea when or where I took them? Ugh, so much stuff I've been carrying from house to house for YEARS! And the funny thing is, I thought I had done a great job decluttering in previous moves.   I also went through a huge,...
I made a post about family housing just a few weeks ago. I am hoping to get into one for this fall, with my two kids. I have already applied (and if you haven't done so, you need to do now, even if you aren't POSITIVE that it is what you want to do, space is limited) and now I just have to play the waiting game.   I don't think they do credit checks or deposits like regular housing. I had to pay a $35 application fee, but I do believe that is it. I'm guessing because...
I wouldn't do it. Sounds like too much potential for trouble. I'd wait until things are more settled with you and your husband's jobs.
Glad you could get rid of all your burnables!   I got rid of only two trashbags full of stuff. I'm two short of my goal. But I have today off, so maybe I can take care of that today. I was actually surprised that I got rid of more of my own clothes. I had been through my closet two or three times already, but yesterday I got rid of several more things.
Just wanted to update this thread. I am going to school this fall. I am still wavering on what exactly I want to do, but I have it narrowed down more. I want to be a speech and language pathologist. I know it means getting a master's degree, which kind of sucks that it's going to take SO long, but the end result will pay off more. The other thing I may want to do is be a special ed teacher, but as it takes only one year less than speech pathology, I don't know that I'll...
I'm going to join this thread if you all don't mind!   We are going to be downsizing again (again!!!) this fall, when we move into an apartment so that I can go to college.   We started out in a 1400 square foot house, then to a 1200 (not a big shock, that move) then 800 and now we are in about 600 square feet. I'm guessing the apartment will be similar in size, but we won't have a big garage to store overflow like we currently have.   So far I have gotten...
Thank you, PoppySeed! It is very helpful to hear from someone who did this when they were a child. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much. That is exactly what I want for my children. I've heard that the majority of students in family housing are international students, which sounds interesting. We currently live in a very, very un-diverse area, I'd love my kids to learn more about the people of the world.   And thank you, 34me. I feel very good about this...
I'm going to school next fall, and I will most likely live in on-campus family housing. Anyone else done this?   I'll be 29, and I have two kids (age 5 and 7) and my husband may or may not come with me. (We are considering divorce.) I'm anxious about living on campus at my age, and I just don't really know what to expect. I've never been to college before. I just wonder how out-of-place I will feel.   According to what I've heard about my chosen school...
I am still married, but I have made the decision to leave my husband. I have spent agonizing months trying to find a place to move to, but I live in a rural area that is very low on rental houses, and I don't make very much money. After spending nine months (and the last three months I have been working VERY hard) to try to find a place around here, I have given up. I found ONE house in all that time, but it was too expensive for my budget. (staying put is not an option,...