or Connect

Posts by HeathenMama

still nothing..... day 14 of my other kids' exposure to my dd's case (or the day she showed spots).
Hopefully we might still see something..... I'm not encouraged by the fact that Dr. S. said that her dd had been exposed EIGHT times before contracing CP this last time.
Linda, same thing here. My oldest daughter got a nasty giant blister on her chin that the doctor said was the pox, but it was one and quickly crusted over. So she's not contagious anymore. Another daughter has had lots of spots that have come and gone -- but no more than five at a time and the same doctor said they were not pox. Basically, we need to see some blistering and crusting. Sorry ladies - I thought this was it. We've had *everything* else during our...
Hi Linda - funny meeting you here....... wink wink... Just to keep everyone in the loop -- my oldest daughter woke up with a giant blister on her chin.... and nothing else. My husband is taking her to the doctor today to see what's up -- but I really doubt it's the pox. My son who I thought might be in the beginning stages of CP really looks like he has a bad rash -- maybe from his super high fever this weekend. HOW FRUSTRATING! I buzzed him in before school...
Quote: Originally Posted by lincap On day 10 after exposure, will update if we get it! We are in Bath. I think we were at the same party (in Topsham??). : I have an idea that one of our kids is in the beginning stages (weird rash on back & chest but not really raised or 'angry-looking' yet). He's had a high fever since Friday. I hope this is it!
Quote: Originally Posted by morepuppies Looking for Pox this summer. I am in mid coast Maine but willing to travel. Anyone? In brunswick and yes, very possibly and very soon. i'll let you know.
Angela -- yup... that's what they do now. My sons got booted last year (we are in Brunswick) for sixteen days for a case in the school... then they loosened it up to excluding them if there was an infected child in THEIR classroom the second time. It stinks. My girls are currently out of daycare for 16 days due to a CP case. : But luckily, we partied w/the infected child and are hopefully going to get it. (I think I see spots on one of them .)
they did get booted - just got the call. we are going to a pox party this afternoon, however.... i'm not sure if i want to spend all that money to get their titers checked -- but then again, i want to know. hmmmm....... the woman whose child has the pox is an ND in town and she said that her child has been exposed no less than eight times and she was looking into getting her titers checked (thinking to herself that she would have HAD to been immune after than...
Oh, joy. A kid got the pox in my girls' daycare. I dropped them off this morning and apparently, the kid w/the pox started showing symptoms last night or this morning. My kids were last at daycare on Monday. My dcp is checking with licensing to see which kids she has to boot out (there are lots of us wacky non-vaxxers there). I'm guessing it totally depends on my state, but does anyone have any thoughts on how exclusions, if any, might be handled in a licensed daycare...
Rachelle, thanks! I pt'd my other three differently..... my daughter was a piece of cake (just wore underpants and I changed her bottoms when she had an accident). One of my boys was easy - he got it right away. The other one was three when HE decided he was ready and he was easy, then, too. My 'm.o.' with training the twins is that I want to stop buying 'sposies, so I thought I'd get something in an effort to train them and cut the sposie train, all at the same...