or Connect

Posts by Cassandra M.

Quote: Originally Posted by Daisyuk As a matter of interest, after going through this, due to a circ, has it changed their views at all? I think they deserve every ounce of anguish they're going through, and I hope the baby gets millions in damages (that they won't be able to touch). No change in views....I am pretty sure she will never get it. I hope the baby is able to get a trust fund that they can't touch as well...it should be...
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A Again, if their lawyers don't take it, have them contact www.arclaw.org (Attorneys for the Rights of the Child.) Any and every doctor possible needs to be sued for circumcision so that they all start to get the message!!!!!!! How many days old was your nephew when he came home with symptoms? I will definitely tell them, they are going after the hospital, not the doctor that performed the circ, at this...
Thanks for the info, Plummeting...yes, he was breastfed. He is two months old now and is nursing no longer, but she did exclusively breastfeed for almost a week, I think. :sigh He had meningitis. Hflu type F caused it. I did read that it could be passed through the genital area somewhere...maybe I can dig up the link. They can sue, people have sued over their children contacting bacteria causing meningitis in the hospital and have won. And there's no way he could have...
Quote: Originally Posted by sophiekat : i'm sorry for your nephew : and i hope that he doesn't have brain damage or other lasting effects. have they found a lawyer to take the case? i'm not clear from your posts if they *want* to sue and haven't found someone yet or if they *are* suing. They are giving all their information to lawyers who will then decide if they are going to take the case, I think they will....people have sued the hosp...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom I showed concern for the child in my post. I was not interested in the child being "punished." That was not a fair response to my post. I DO think the parents should be punished for their STUPID decision. I am all for the child having buckets of money for his destroyed life, not his parents. I agree with you, except I don't believe for a second his life will be destroyed...I think he will be just fine...
Oh I absolutely agree with you guys over the parents being stunned. I have begged, pleaded, and cried to my SIL over circ'ing, and this is boy #3. Her response was that she's seen it done before. She really won't even argue it with me, instead, she agrees with me, and nods her head, but she still circs. So it's very frustrating. I don't know if she should be entitled to personal money for "pain and suffering." I know it would improve the quality of their whole families...
I've also heard a few people on here say they highly doubt circ'ing would expose a child to a bacteria that could cause bacterial meningitis, and I don't understand why you feel that way. Why wouldn't creating an open wound be apt to introduce infection? It seems absolutely probable to me.
There will be an amount of money, probably in the millions, for my nephew, that will be placed in a trust fund for him. They will compute what his expected IQ would be, and examine the damage to say what the worse case scenario for him would be, and compensate him for that. Also, he will never have normal insurance since he has a pre-exisiting condition, so he will be compensated, on and on.....my in laws will not be able to touch this money unless it is directly going to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Elowyn I'm vehemently anti-circ, but if your nephew was a newborn when he was circed, it's much more likely that his newborn-in-a-hospital status was at the root of his picking up meningitis than his circ. Just medically speaking. Now, if he was older & readmitted for the circ, I'd lean more toward your direction. But I think we're probably dealing with separate issues here. JMHO. They were able to confirm that...
Hey all, I don't know if any of you remember me typing a few months back that my nephew had bacterial meningitis and we were thinking he was exposed when he was circ'ed. Well, he spent a month in the hospital and we are still crossing fingers it didn't do any permanent brain damage, but there are a few spots on his brain that look affected. It is going to be years and years before anyone knows the extent of the damage, if any. Anyway, my SIL and BIL are suing the...