or Connect

Posts by Down2Earth

We live in a small two bedroom house. In DD's room she has this shelf from Ikea. It is laying on it's side so we can put one toy in every cubby and a few stuffed animals on top. We also keep stuffed animals in one of these. She is also getting a wooden play kitchen and we'll be storing all of her pots and pans and dishes in that. In the living room we have another Ikea shelf. We put one toy in each cubby once again, and have a row of baskets above that. We keep...
I'm thinking I'm going to take my sewing machine out of the basement. I would like to make my DD some clothes, probably in 24m/2T or bigger. What are your favorite patterns? What was really simple to make but stylish? In my random clicking of links, I came across this children's clothing line. Tea. I like the six piece set. And I think little girls look really cute in dresses with leggings. Has anyone seen patterns for something like that?
Quote: Originally Posted by Polliwog My son (5 1/2) and foster daughter (almost 3) love very similar toys. They adore play kitchens (have used them for years at school and/or Pottery Barn Kids and children's museums. We just were given one for Christmas, though. Wooden trains and tracks are still popular. We have several sets of Sure Track (clips) so they can create track that are up in the air. Our Nilo table is never used for trains. Lots of...
I think it is really weird to ask for books instead of cards. A quick internet search showed me that it is really common. That makes me sad. I first thought the OP was asking for a cute way to ask for books instead of gifts. In '08 when I was pregnant, one of the million baby shower threads I read had a poem asking for just that. But now I can't find the thread. And the only poems I can find are asking about books instead of cards. So, if you want to still ask for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuamami OK, I got the stupidest toy, and partly because I'd heard people say on here say they play it with their kids. I wanna know how! It's Hi-Ho Cherry-O, the game created so that no one can possibly win. Unless you happen to need to hold the spinner for your dc, and hold it in just the right place, as I figured out today. Well, crud! I loved Hi-Ho Cherry-O as a kid. When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, we would...
DD is 14 mo and this is what she plays with daily right now: M & D pound and roll tower - she LOVES this thing, and it's been a big hit with her little friends (usually 15-19 mos, but even 6 yo & 9 yo cousins like it) The. Best. Investment. I can't say enough about how great this turned out to be! Rope and Beads Lots of books! - She loves Biscuit and Pal & Sal and Where's Waldo Pull and push toys - we also have the ikea one but we call it a vacuum since we have no...
I finally got DH to watch Twilight (well, the rifftrax version.) He thought it was really funny. And he commented about all the sexual tension between Edward and Bella, he thought it was pretty well done. He kept asking when the one kid would change into a wolf. I guess he better watch New Moon!
I had a feeling you were in Switzerland when you said you had a 72 hour window. I was really worried that my DD's name wouldn't "fit" her once I met her. We picked it out when I was maybe 6 weeks pregnant. So I came up with some alternatives just in case. Turns out, I got use to thinking of her as the name I had already chosen, so it worked out. Worst case scenario: Name your baby something and then change it later if you absolutely hate it.
Not harsh at all! When you walk into the house and the dog is there, I would right away say the dog needs to be put up in another room. I would not set your LO down on the floor, and if your LO was walking I would pick him up really quick and not set him down until the dog was gone. Now, if G-ma doesn't want to put her dog away, fine. Don't make a huge deal about it. Greet everyone with hugs and kisses as normal. Drop off gifts or covered dish. Never set your DS...
That's really weird. I had no idea that this sort of thing happens all the time. Do you think Target will let you know what happened?