or Connect

Posts by newclementine

Our boy loves water from any source but really loves it from the sprinkler (when the sprinkler is on low) and he will sit there and drink it up for hours if you let him (and then pee a lot the rest of the day....).
We feed our babe full fat organic Stoneyfield Farm plain yogurt, but stay away from the yo-baby because it has sugar in it. We grate apple into it or add mushy bananas sometimes but really, the baby likes the flavor of the plain yogurt just fine without additives. We've fed him yogurt since about 7 mos.
Nice question! I was pretty happy being pregnant but looking back I would have: -- gone to more movies -- bought more cute maternity clothes (I was trying t be frugal so I didn't buy very many clothes, which was so silly because you know a couple of extra cute things make you feel, well, extra cute!) -- gone on vacation with my man And all of this said, I would have tried to save more money, because I decided after 3 months of leave that I wasn't going back for a...
Our DS was the same way, and I don't blame him. He was with me all the time, in my arms pretty much all day and then at night we co-slept, and then when I had to go in the car he had to be strapped in his seat and then left all alone in the back seat of my car. poor baby! Now our son is 10 mos and he is pretty much used to it and usually falls asleep on longer rides whether it is nap time or not. So ... I know something like 10 mos is a long time to wait, but this...
I forgot to post on my own thread : DS turned 6 months last Sunday. The ped urged us to start him on Rice Cereal ("babies need starch"), and although I didn't agree with her reasoning DS was really interested in what we were eating to the point where I felt like it was cruel not to share. I had big plans for avocado but the avocado wasn't ripe (and someone put it in the fridge so it was cold....) so I gave him brown rice cereal. Then he got really bad tummy pains and...
A few questions for parents out there: What was your baby's first food and why did you choose that one? And how old were they at the time? (If you first fed your baby rice cereal then what did you choose next?) We are just starting solids so this is truly all I think about lately, just wondering what other moms have done :: thanks in advance! ::
Today was our first day of the BLW approach. Instead of following it by the book I am thinking of feeding the babe purees and giving him solid food to mess around with himself. Today I gave him big(ish) pieces of banana to try feeding himself. He had a hard time grasping them because they were so slippery, and when he did get them in his mouth he looked at me strangely and sputtered a little, and then tried again. I was eating banana too and it felt good (to me) for...
Quote: Originally Posted by chase_mommy We have a sprayer but have used it maybe 5 times and DD is 12 months. I'm with Angela with this, if a nudge with tp doesn't take care of it, then in the pail it goes. We also always do a cold rinse before washing the diapers and have never had a problem. Really? So no poo ends up in the washer at the end of the cycle? What kind of washer do you have? To make matters a bit more complicated, we have...
We co-sleep, breast feed and cloth diaper too and I agree, you really don't need that much I would say: -a Moby Wrap -Witch hazel and herbs to put in your peri bottle -a new nursing bra (because it's nice to have something new) -some new comfy clothes that aren't your old stretched out maternity clothes so you can feel like the new amazing woman you are after giving birth! and not just shlumpy -a breast pump just in case and an eye dropper -brownie mix (an easy thing to...
Does anyone use diaperliners? If so what do you use? We're starting solids and I'm thinking of making some fleece diaperliners to line his dipes but really I think I want the disposable (flushable) kind. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!