or Connect

Posts by NaturallyPeachey

I would love a Strider bike for my kids. My daughter is just starting to show interest in bikes and to get her started on a balance bike would be awesome!
Hello - I have an 8 month old DD who since birth has been "wheezy". When she gets a cold it is really bad and our most recent virus landed her in the hospital for 48 hours on breathing treatments and steroids. She is doing much better but is still croupy and coughing. My pediatrician wants to start her on a daily inhaled steroid medication (using the nebulizer). I'm really torn on what to do and am researching. She's only 8 months and to put her on a steroid seems...
OMG halarious! Love the stories. We've been PL'ing with DS for three weeks. The other morning I ran upstairs to get his clothes for the day and as I'm walking down the steps I see him naked with my tennis shoes on holding onto the kitchen table with his bottom stuck out and pooping on the floor. I didn't know if I should laugh, cry or shuttle him to the potty and risk getting poop on my shoes. We have a water fountain at our neighborhood park and DH told him that if...
Well, at his age he only needs about 14 hours of sleep a day give or take a few minutes. Some kids need more, others less so if he's sleeping 11-12 hours at night I would only hold your breath for maybe two 30-45 minute naps. That being said I follow the 2-3-4 method. Two hours after they wake up in the morning they will take nap #1, three hours after waking from the morning nap they'll take nap #2 and four hours after waking from that nap they will go to bed for the...
Any tips? My pretty sensitive and sweet little boy has started bursting into tears when his 6 month old sister cries. Usually the crying is her stuck in a corner she's rolled into or general baby fussiness. I'm not sure how to handle his crying. Usually I tend to her first and while I'm tending to her or after I'm done unsticking her from a corner I'll give him a hug and tell him it's okay and babies cry because they don't know how to talk. It usually calms him down but...
FWIW DD seems to get constipated when I try to introduce a probiotic to her so I've stopped them for now. You could try slowly introducing it again. Give a 1/4 of the normal dose for a week, next week give 1/2 etc. until you are giving a full dose. It may also be the probiotic you choose and you might need to play around with the brands (not cheap but I think if you buy them at Whole Foods if you have one near you can return it even if opened).
Can you share with me your 6 month olds feeding schedule? We are just beginning to try solids so DD maybe takes one "meal" a day but barely. Right now it seems she takes (6) 4-6oz bottles thru a 24 hour period. She seems to want to drink the biggest bottles (6 ounces) late evening and during the night. Is that normal? I breastfed my son and never had to do formula with him so I'm lost! I feel like she's getting too much or not enough. She's a chunk BTW - 10 lbs. when she...
My DH is 6'5". Strollers were a huge issue for us. He actually hits the BOB with his stride so we ended up getting the Bumbleride Indie Twin (they make a single Indie too) when DD was born and it's great. The handle bar adjusts, my BIG two year old has loads of room to grow in the seat, the under basket is generous and easy to access from front or back. My biggest thing with the BOB was the snack bar/infant adapter bar. It is really hard to put on and off so it's basically...
Do you have a family history of celiac? gluten is passed through breast milk so that could be causing her fussiness and FTT. A lot of babies labeled failure to thrive have celiac but I'm not sure if that is diagnosed later (toddler years). Good luck and hugs!
DS (2yo) likes to play in the dirt outside (we have a small patch he's allowed to dig in), Legos, books, cars and trucks and chores (help water plants, "wash" windows, feed the dog, hang up laundry). Also, try to rotate toys. I pack all his toys in bins and bring a different bin out each week. I always leave his current favs. (car and trucks) out but the other ones I divide them between 3 bins and change them out. He's also been into cooking lately and can do things like...