or Connect

Posts by Multimomma

I wanted to second that. Seili and Sandy, I feel for you. I had a c-section and have consistently felt judged for it here, which is why I get most of my support from other places. It's sad when a parent who tries to be natural, cannot find support based on one aspect of her birth, a brief few hours of her life makes it unacceptable for her to post about it on this board. I can post anywhere else, as long as I hide the fact that we had a csection OR agonize and groan about...
I just saw this.   Are you sure it has to be a birth-related professional? After my 2yo was born, I went in to my regular family doctor and she signed both mine and my husband's paperwork for leave. You might call and ask...
This is actually a good idea. Many times loud stimming is done to help block out lots of background noise, or fill a space with little noise. If that's what he's doing, some headphones could really help. However, if he's doing it so he can feel the reverberations in his own chest, I would vote for working to make new stims and providing an opportunity for getting it out. Is he capable of stopping? I ask that because my daughter was much older before I could say "You can...
We were pregnant with #4 before the extent of #2's difficulties came out. We decided that since we had always wanted a big family, we would just keep going. It hasn't always been easy, but it has been wonderful. She has autism, and the therapist says that a big family has been a huge  help for her. We're pretty structured, but with nine kids you have to be!
I've had that with some of mine, so I wanted to emphasize the whole 'sometimes'   When my five yo was born, i was looking forward to that resting phase and it never hit. So I was kind of shocked, and it made the birth seem harder than it really was because I was expecting it. But when my 8yo was born, it was SO nice to have my water break and just everything chill for a while. It felt very right, and wasn't scary at all, but his birth was much easier than the other...
I have never tried Hylands, but I would like to try it now! Thanks!
congratulations...that's awesome!
sounds frustrating...hugs.   It does sound like early labor, but it's only four or five weeks early. I'll bet you'll walk around a couple of weeks like that...sorry. But just keep walking, and spend time with your toddler. Can you do much, or is the end of pg misery too much? I spent a lot of that time mixing foods/spices/etc for after birth. 
Great advice!   I'm unschooling at least two boys with aspergers, maybe a girl. how things work really depend on how well they are functioning, sometimes I do need to step back, and sometimes I need to step forward and help work through issues. Especially how they relate to others...whew!    But while sometimes the public school would have been helpful, especially with routine and expectations, in many other ways it has been so much better to be out of school. Social...
Congrats! My Nathan was the exact same weight and yeah, it was much harder than I care to remember!    I'm glad you both are doing better and that you're on your road to recover.