or Connect

Posts by Multimomma

Quote: Originally Posted by Naturallove I firmly believe that the best way to not be tempted is to stay away from temptation. For boys sexual curiosity is really peaking between 12-16 and I would never put my children in a situation where that sort of temptation could occur. So you don't think girls have sexual curiosity? Or you think girls won't be tempted by young children?
Mine usually stop around three...before then they just look like they can't interpret lol! But I definitely haven't had to remind them past four yo.
Quote: Originally Posted by IxIa Thanks everyone for the replies! So, DS and I have come to a compromise. We went to a Halloween store this afternoon and found a mask that he likes and will wear to ToT. I agreed that he doesn't have to wear a full costume, but he must make an effort if he still wants to go. Plus, it's a pretty cool mask. Sounds good! I'm glad you both came out happy with the compromise!
Oh, circumstances like they're poor and can't afford a costume, much less ruining clothes they own to create a costume. Or that their parents don't support them and tell them to make their own without offering help. Or that they have a mental disability. Or a million other things that I could possibly never sleuth out because it never occurred to me. Kids are just kids, and to judge them from an adult perspective seems unreal to me. And really? You've never heard of...
I always give out candy, mostly because my mom never let me have candy as a kid. lol! I never know the child's circumstances. My 15 yo and 13 yo are young enough to want the fun of walking the neighborhood, but yeah, their peers would totally make fun of them for dressing up unless the costume was horribly gory or sexy. So we compromise...they can walk around with our party, if someone offers candy they take it, but I always buy candy for them to have with no strings...
Thanks for verifying that. I must have mixed natural childbirth with homebirth
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack Remember that in fact, more women die as a result of medical birth care, than die due to problems with a homebirth. The US maternal mortality rate is disgraceful! And many of those deaths are greatly preventable, because so many of them are directly related to care given--different topic for another thread though. Isn't the bolded due to the sheer numbers of women birthing in hospitals compared to...
Quote: Originally Posted by quietmim A 13 year old wouldn't bother me if I trusted them. As far as the gender, the truth is you do never know. I sadly have experience with a female babysitter who inflicted severe abuse on her charges, of both sexes. This is why, I would really have to know anyone who I would leave my child with. My eldest son was abused by an adult woman. I think the tendency to distrust men and think that women are...
I'd say keep working on it, but honestly don't expect much until 11/12, and my 15 yo is just now getting to the point where he can do that.
Quote: Yes, there are occasionally--rarely--surprising emergencies that arise at birth. But for the healthy family with a competent, prudent mw, this is just so extremely rare. Most often, difficulties can be spotted coming during pregnancy, or during labor while there is still plenty of time to transfer care. and the above is the problem with the midwife in question, correct? She's been banned from practicing in one state, had a recent mishap in MO,...