or Connect

Posts by Multimomma

I'd skip it all together then, and just go for the straight chocolate. But I ~like~ straight chocolate Tough row to hoe...sorry!
Wow...great recipe! Cheerios do have wheat starch, but aren't perky O's wheat free? We usually stick with the new rice chex or panda puffs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache How can I make this recipe allergy-free? http://www.chex.com/recipes/RecipeVi...CategoryId=342 I'm mostly trying to figure out what to sub for the peanut butter. We can't do any seeds or nuts. Can I double the amount of fat (spectrum shortening)? I have brown rice syrup and maple syrup, too. I'll grind my cane sugar for a more powdered. Also, I don't have chocolate chips right now. Do you think I could...
You know, my son never had trouble with me eating gluten/wheat while breastfeeding, I ate a regular diet the entire time he was nursing (24 months). But when he was eight months old he had his first exposure to wheat via mouth, and had a severe reaction. First hives and swelling throat, then the intestinal issues. It was the only new thing he had, so it was very obvious to me that it was wheat. The ped has never taken it seriously, but with our new insurance I should be...
I am SOOO far behind on chores right now, but here are some threads that can maybe kickstart some discussion http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=967514 http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=972595 Weather, generally nice, less ice and snow than everyone else. Politics, deeply divided, generally conservative but hot spots of liberalism. Some health food stores, lots of coops, unschooling galore and lots of freedom in homeschooling and medical care.
Does anyone else have an ongoing medical issue? I have rheumatoid arthritis, which usually does pretty good when I'm pregnant, but I had a flare-up yesterday and spent most of the day in pain (and most of the night too) Still stiff and iffy today, I have pleurisy as part of my symptoms and the chest pains are murder. I know intellectually that it shouldn't affect the baby, but still, autoimmune disorders and pregnancy don't mix well. The theory is that's why I've...
First children will have them much later, or possibly not at all. The last few of mine I've started BH at about four months. :-) I figure my uterus needs all the exercise it can get
It is all the freakin time. Seriously, I'm starting to wonder if you can diagnose adhd in the womb. I can't sleep at night, I can't even concentrate on driving, even NOW he is kicking and flipping around, so that I have to sit away from the computer and stretch my arms to type so he's not smashing my abdomen against the wood. It doesn't help that he's already big enough to have compressed my admittedly short torso. My ribs are already rubbing on each other and I feel...
I am unschooling several children with learning differences. It's not only possible, but often it works out better because it allows the child to learn in a way that is more natural for his (or her) brain. Rather than retraining their brain to work to how we teach, we're retraining ourselves to facilitate in ways that are natural for our children. Kids want to learn, regardless of how they learn. Unschooling doesn't mean stepping back and letting them do it on their...
Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama There are some mamas of many who actually aim toward Radical Unschooling and Consensual Living, though I've heard that this is a lot more challenging for large families at times, and some go through phases of needing to set some rules. It would be interesting to hear from some unschooling mamas of many about this -- wherever they feel they fall on the unschooling spectrum. It is one of my...