or Connect

Posts by amaayeh

I am posting for my best friend....she is nursing her fifth child and has nursed all of her others until they were at least 14 months old, so she's not new to this.  However, her fifth child, a boy, isn't gaining weight appropriately and she is concerned.  Her pedi is pushing her to supplement with formula, but she is resistant because she wants to up her milk supply, etc.  At his 5 month check up he weighed 11 lbs and at birth weighed 8 lbs.  She has been trying to...
I just posted a similar question the other day on the main thread and have yet to get an answer...  I feel your pain.  My eldest is 3, though, but still throws massive tantrums and cries like I've just broken her heart.  It's terrible.  I feel guilty, but like you, feel so done with it.  In the past two days I have start implementing a bit of limits.  She can nurse for two minutes at a time during the day currently.  I told her in a few days that she is only going to be...
I had my third baby in June and my 3 year old (bday in April) is still nursing.  Before the baby was born she was down to twice a day, but now that my milk came in, she literally wants to nurse every time I sit down.  I'm going crazy.  It's been two months of this and I'm just done.  I want to enjoy nursing my infant and can't because I constantly have her crawling on me, jumping, etc.  I've tried very hard to tell her no, but she throws massive tantrums.  I know she is...
Hey ladies!  Sorry I've been MIA lately...my mom was in town.  And guess what?  She stressed me out so much I've lost almost 7 lbs since the last time I weighed!  I would choose NOT to lose that way, though.  The stress has been just terrible.    Thanks so much for the suggestions of trail mix.  I need to go to the store and make some.  Maybe tomorrow?  Yes, I am tandem nursing so I feel like I'm starving most of the time.   Ok, so as of two days ago (that was...
She is GORGEOUS!!  Congratulations!  What an exciting birth!  Mine was a quickie as well and it is a bit overwhelming how fast it's all over!  Enjoy your babymoon!
Hey Tracymom1!  What you just described is my life!  :)   I find myself hungry, walking through the kitchen and grabbing food quite often.  I'm juggling two nurslings and one older child and seem to always be carrying someone - which really prevents me from 'making' a meal instead of grazing.  What do you eat when you are hungry and can't get a hand free to eat?  I try really hard to grab a piece of fruit, but when I say I'm hungry, I mean *hungry*!  :)  Bread seems...
DD is three weeks old and I'm still nursing my three year old.  I seem to be producing a lot of milk and my newborn spits up quite a bit of milk every time we nurse.  She nurses, almost chokes, I pull her off to burp, she burps really well, and then it's followed by multiple spit ups of milk (sometimes curdled, sometimes fresh).  I try to block nurse the kids to make sure my newborn is getting plenty of hindmilk.  Her poops are nice and yellow, and she's having about 4-6...
Spit up question:  DD spits up constantly.  I'm pretty sure a lot of it is oversupply, but this seems to be more than my other kids.  Essentially, she nurses, I pull her off to burp, she gives me a huge burp followed a second later by a huge amount of milk.  This evening I have noticed there are streaks of bright yellow in the spit up.  What is this?!
  This is my life...except with an added 6 year old that is commenting and behaving awesomely.  It gets SO old, so fast.  Dh has really been losing it on the older kids lately.  He just can't seem to deal with the chaos as well now with three.  He wants to react in a "Don't do that or I'm going to..." attitude whereas I try to distract and get them doing other activities so they aren't as annoying.  He is probably making me more crazy than anyone!!   As far as DTD...I'm...
Congratulations!!!  Welcome baby boy!