or Connect

Posts by MommyMandi

I"m sure that will help. My son is 15 months and he had started sleeping through the night on his own and is now waking 2-3 times a night again to nurse. We have tried cosleeping but he's so squirmy and headbutts us so that doesn't work for us. When my husband gets up with him, he goes back to bed much easier. In fact, the nights I'm not home to put him to bed, he usually does sleep through the night. If they know you are available, they want milk. If not, they are...
All very great input and ideas. I still don't know exactly what I'm doing. I think I'm going to go through everything AGAIN and just pick out the very nicest stuff. Play clothes and such are easily replaced at consignment, thrift stores and clearance. The clutter is one of the few things that I feel like I have control over right now. Our whole life is chaos and I need some calm!
I will have to try these ideas, thanks!
Adapted this recipe http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/veggie_tacos/   Added some eggplant, substituted paprika for oregano, thick wheat/corn tortillas and added avocados at the end. Also only used one type of cheese-Oaxaca mexican cheese. My kids ate them up, my daughter said they tasted just like tacos even without the meat (we aren't vegetarians-just got meatless as much as possible to help the grocery budget and get the kids to eat more veggies).
I've heard good things about Goat's milk. It's expensive and I my son is 14 months and won't drink any milk, so no personal experience. I have several friends who's older infants/younger toddlers love it. 
I have heard boiling works well to prep prefolds. I have never done it, heard about it after I prepped mine. Goodluck!
I am desperately trying to declutter our 1100 square feet. It will be years before we can move and we are out of space. My kiddos are 6, 4 and 14 months. I've always saved part of the kids toys and clothes to pass on to my younger children. It was never an issue, however as they get older, there is more stuff (as to be expected). I am having trouble deciding if I really should save all this stuff for the youngest. Part of me insists that I save it. We are on a tight...
My son is 14 months. For breakfast, he had a banana and some dry cereal. For lunch, he had black beans, cilantro rice and mango salsa. For snacks he has had bunny crackers, apple and kefir. For dinner he will have sweet potatoes and broccoli and some type of noodle. He hasn't had much of an appetite in the heat and usually eats much more.
DH is gf free (tho not veg) and we always bring an old skillet to cook eggs on the fire. We also bring milk and cereal, foil pack meals. I pre-made breakfast burritos with corn tortillas, he ate them but they were awfully soggy, not the best experiment, lol. We also do rice cakes, fresh fruit, chips. Really nothing overly exciting here, not much help, I suppose. Mmm..a yummy treat is to split open a banana length-wise with the peel on, stuff with chocolate, wrap in foil...
Thanks for your kind words.