or Connect

Posts by MommyMandi

That is exactly what I want. I probably didn't get that point across, but that's what was so great about the other schools, they were set up for that. I'm not saying that she won't get that at our home school, it's just not as likely.   You can only take the CoGat every two years. So depending on where we are in two years and how she's doing at our home school, we will go from there.     Thanks for all the advice. I'm sure I'm overreacting, I just want to make the right...
My daughter goes to first grade in the fall. We chose to keep her at her preschool for kindergarten because they also have private kindergarten with an advanced curriculum. I have never labeled her as gifted, but that's because I don't like labels. She has always been advanced for her age and often grasps a concept the first time. She has a December birthday so she's on the older side of her class. We put her in 3 year old preschool when she was still 2, she thrived. She...
I agree with Pamela's mix. And Chebe products. Super yum! Only my husband is gf, but these are things we use for all of us. Millet is another grain that is gluten free. You can also get gf steel cut oats. We make them plain for breakfast and then everyone can add their favorite mix ins (cherry/almond/vanilla, pb/apple, cinnamon/raisin, maple/brown sugar). We do smoothies as well, with flax seed, bananas, spinach, frozen berries, vanilla soy milk or coconut milk. Yogurt...
That is a fabulous list! As our kids are getting older, our 1100 sq feet is feeling smaller. I'm hoping to use them being out in the warmer weather as an advantage to declutter. I have a problem getting rid of stuff :(
I registered around here years ago, been its been a long time since I peaked in. I live in Colorado and am momma to three beautiful kiddos. We have a great deal of life changes going on right now and can't wait to get to know some of you!!!
I know that Min-Wax makes colored stains now. They sell at Home Depot and Lowes. My husband is in woodworking, but enjoys natural colors. Therefore, we haven't tried them yet. I'm sure they aren't non-toxic, but I want to make something with them.
Having taught fullday preschool for 5 years and dealing with numerous children with severe behavioral disturbances, I can see the slim chance that this child may have needed some help. That being said, I agree that 99% of the time restraint is completely wrong and if not done correctly will only make issues with a child worse. I think you did the right thing going to the director and expressing your concern. I think if it still bothers you I would continue checking in,...
My DH has Celiac disease and there is a blood test now to check. My children have had it. You must be eating a normal diet (not gluten-free) or the test will not be accurate. I would just talk to your dr about it. Gooduck!
I have to beautiful, healthy children that I love very much. My 3 year old was a major surprise and my 17 month old was conceived the very day we talked about having a second (they are only 19 mos apart). Financially, we are very unstable...my DH lost his job and started school this past fall just a few months after I went back to working. I definitely want other one and DH is on-board with talking about it in a few years. We are young and have plenty of time. I was...
I'm in Aurora...brand new to this site. My kiddos are 17 mos and 3 years. I am starting to go "crunchy" as my husband says. Still learning the ropes of what I want for my kids and family. Excited to meet all of you!