or Connect

Posts by angelinuta

This is DD’s birth story, which is a story of a little girl who came right on schedule, on the afternoon of her due date: Wednesday, August 6th. This will either prove to be a prophecy or a burden, depending on whether or not she is a punctual person throughout life. Regardless, I will always remind her of how she came right on time and was very easy on her mother that wonderful day. Tuesday, August 5th was not such a good day. It was very hot outside, and I was...
Hi, I could have written this post myself, as the saying goes, at least in the past. My DD is 18 months and still co-sleeping and waking to nurse often. DH and I considered making changes, as you said, at several points over the past year and especially around the time you are at right now. We would always end up backing out of any plans to enforce changes, because it felt just that - forced. I don't know if this will encourage you or discourage you, but in my situation...
Hi everyone, Just wondered if anyone out there has read "Bed Timing" (link here: http://bedtiming.typepad.com/). I saw it reviewed on Moxie and got it out of curiosity - the authors, child psychologists, identify different emotional stages that babies go through and discuss when the best and worst times for night changes are. It reviews the different approaches to sleep, including the more AP ones, and includes pros and cons for all without taking sides. Anyhow,...
Hi everyone, I have been on zoloft/sertaline since February, when DD was 6 months old, after severe ppd, and have been nursing her all along. It has been such a lifesaver... it helped me climb out of the dark hole I was in and I have had no adverse side effects. However, DD is now 15 months and she is a terrible sleeper, still. She had lots of gas troubles that kept her up when she was little, but in the past few months it's been different. She'll wake up abruptly,...
Hi everyone, I haven't had anything specific to post about in awhile, but I have been feeling somewhat frustrated lately when comparing the habits of my 14 month old DD to other children. She is a wonderful, engaging, funny, kind, and darling little thing but she has always been demanding. She has never slept through the night, still night-nurses 3-12 times a night, will only sleep after nursing, can only be put back down when she wakes by me, etc. You know the profile,...
Hi everyone, My one year old DD bedshares, and I nurse her several times during the night in a side position, with my arm bent under her. Lately I have been getting weird wrist pain over night, which feels like carpal tunnel - my wrists and hand joints feel swollen and hurt quite badly over night and in the morning. I can barely move them. Once I get up and move around, the pain goes away but it's been returning more and more frequently. Any ideas as to what is causing...
Hi everyone, After seeing the post on breast size and night nursing, I wanted to ask about my problem. My DD is 9 months now and we are now sleeping in the same bed after the first several months of her in a portable crib next to the bed. I have been sleeping so much better now that I don't get out of the bed to nurse and DH and I love having her with us. However, my nipples are killing me from nursing her in bed - they only hurt at night, after she pulls off from...
I'm a first-time mom with a six month old, and I have been battling ppd for about two months now. I was offered Buspar by my NP, but did not take it because some of the natural remedies I tried seemed to be working (EPO, fish oils, eating healthy, etc.). But there is a lingering issue that I've been very hesitant to post about - that is, fear of hurting the baby. It seems that it's mentioned in all "textbook scenarios" but very few mothers admit to it in their posts,...
Hi everyone, I have a 5 month old and was just diagnosed with PPD. I'm doing pretty well overall, but hit a low point last week with some fatigue and severe frustration with my LO and sought help. I saw my ob/midwife practice this morning and was prescribed Buspar/Buspirone after being assured that it's safe while nursing. The midwife that I saw said that it would be best for me because of the insomnia and anxiety. But after doing some research this afternoon, I found...
I have a 4 month old, formerly excellent sleeper now waking a lot. What I finally realized was that she was not eating very well during the day because she was so active and always wanting to play. So we moved our nursing chair to a dark, quiet corner and I now go there to feed. We also have to be extra quiet and kep the room darker when we put her down - she sleeps next to our bed. But that may be difficult if she shares a room with your other child. Just my two cents!