or Connect

Posts by MistyMM

I'll be there with my best friend and my 2 year old!
Quote: Originally Posted by bamamom I agree.. We also need a good resource for problems, things that medical professionals would be likely to push circ for, when there are topical solutions that can work. Having a very noticeable sticky up that addressed redness, swelling, inflammation, and the like would be extremely helpful. ITA with this. I think, frankly speaking, that we need a good sticky up that addresses red, swollen, and inflammed...
really good post, but you can talk until you're blue in the face and for some reason, the foreskin of boys is a second class body part, not afforded the same respect as other body parts. Maybe one day the amputated foreskins will start to revolt and refuse to replicate to make new skin and cosmetics, then they'll come to their senses Misty
carla I would contact Frank if I were you before going ahead with surgery, he has the most knowlege about penis defects/problems of anyone I have ever met. If you do not know his email address, pm me and I will get it to you. In many hypospadias situations, surgery is not at all necessary. Misty
Quote: Originally Posted by aisraeltax the first thing they did was a huge mistake. aside from the circ., he went through a major trauma and they expected him to nurse? check out the CAC forum and you will see that is very normal. nak'ing... moby wrap was my fav. as a baby. pouches (hotslings) also good. ITA...to have a newborn go through such a painful, unnecessary, cosmetic surgery so new to the world, it's the first way to destroy...
yes they prescribed the epipen jr to him because of his severe quite sudden allergic responses (it's so sudden that's why we're pretty sure it's honey) so far we only know he's allergic to honey (or we strongly think so) and gerber gas drops, though we're not sure if it's the drug (simethicone) in the drops, or if it's another added ingredient. Both honey and the gas drops give him the same, instant, severe reaction. I read about the RAST and how inaccurate it can be. ...
no, the allergist did the scratch tests for all common allergens including pollens, peanuts, milk, soy, etc. They all came back negative. He has no asthma, nasal/sinus symptoms, etc. They do suspect more food allergies as well, but not all of them lead to the severe anaphylaxis reaction is my guess. They are definitly allergy shiners, the allergist noticed them right away. His only allergic reactions that we know of are the hives/severe reactions. That and the...
ds2 has a suspected honey allergy (the allergist is 99% sure it's honey) and is very high risk for anaphylaxis reactions (his reaction becomes more severe each time he is exposed to the allergens not all of which were identified yet, including severe hives to the point of his eyes swelling shut, tongue swelling, wheezing, hives all over body) honey allergy, from what I gather, is very very rare. Does anyone here have any experience with true severe honey allergy? the...
can someone PM me the press release? I"m helping organize the Orlando Florida nurse in. Thanks! Misty
www.weewilliewinks.com she has great customer service and takes paypal