or Connect

Posts by BroodyWoodsgal

I know what you mean, that quote from the MW makes me sick...how about "I'm so devastated that this beautiful mother and wife died in a birth I was attending, but I really and truly believe I did everything I could for her. If I could turn back time and do anything differently to save her, I would, I would do anything to erase the pain this family is feeling" - you know? Something like that is more along the lines of what I think would be appropriate. "I hope he can...
Stories like this always devastate me...firstly, because I cannot imagine anything more horrific than a family losing a mother in the hours after a new baby is born (that just steals my breath to even think about)....but also because I cannot imagine allowing a MW to treat me that way.   I mean, okay...we still have to get to the bottom of what actually happened here, that's true. The husband is obviously speaking from a place of unimaginable loss and grief and...
You couldn't pay me enough money to get that shot while pregnant. I mean, we're totally vax free over here, so I wouldn't be getting it anyway...but I cannot understand how anyone would be okay with putting that crap in their body while a little tiny human being was forming in their womb. That's nuts.   Seriously, look up the actual ingredients in the vaccine..and then tell me it's not nuts. Don't eat deli meat...but definitely get the Dtap shot. Oh, okaaay.  
    I am also curious. Life is so great in the way it unfolds in front of us. We cannot fathom the reality we will be living in in the future..but then, it always comes and envelopes us and it's only in moments of real clarity that we can fully comprehend the awesomeness of the present moment, of what life has delivered us to that we could never have imagined was coming. If you had told me exactly 4.5 years ago that in this moment I would be sitting in my home, on my...
@bolded: Hahah why do you think my screen name is what it is?? I'm a broody chick...stubborn as a broody hen, too! I just want BABIES!   See that's the thing...I DO feel that someone is missing. I list all my children and feel like someone is missing. I even find myself saying in my head "Oh my god, where is...." but all my kids are there, in the room with me...and though I feel like someone is lost, I can't say the name. I don't know the name yet. I think it is a...
    Geez lady!! That sounds so serious!! I'm so sorry you were faced with that level of intensity around deciding whether or not to try for more. That must be so difficult. Thank you so much for posting...ALL OF YOU...it helps so much to type it out and have other people give feedback! New perspective helps one to achieve clarity, for sure, and in this case, it has helped me tremendously. Thank you thank you. I seriously feel so much better. Like it's normal, you know?
    Yeah, this is kind of what I'm thinking. It almost feels like my brain/logic center has been trying to tell me that moving on to the next phase of life would be the smartest thing to do...but my heart is like "no, no, come on...ONE more!!" and so my brain is like "okay, if you won't listen to the normal inner voice, maybe we'll scare you with a little 'vision from God' channel!" You know? I NEVER blatantly disregard anything my inner voice tries to tell me...and...
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and input. It is really making me feel better about all of this to hear how different women cope with the feeling. I think for me it's boiling down to what my DH really wants/needs. He is such a wonderful, wonderful father and partner to me. I feel like pushing the envelope when everything is going so well is a mistake. Having kids is awesome, totally, but we all know how challenging it can be. Right now, when things get really...
I love pregnancy. I loooove birth. I looove babies. I have a just-turned-four year old DD, a 2.5 year old DS and an 8 week old DD. I want one more. Just onnneee moorrreee.   But would I really be "done" then? I dont think so. I feel like I'm never going to be satisfied! My MIL(had 3 kids) and Mother(had 4 kids) have both told me that the feeling of wanting more never went away and I think I would be the same way.   Even if you knew you HAD to be done (for...
Such great advice. <3