or Connect

Posts by SkySunSea

Thank you all for your responses. And as for "revolting" homeschooling enthusiam, bring it on! Good point about allowing her to have her mind while still being involved with the parish. She can still do brownies and Mass and all that. I really want to homeschool but I know that presents it's own challenge. Good point about the benefits of her changing her language. I think it is probably a little of both...deliberate and just natural. I am also very much a...
Hello! I can relate as I am just beginning to figure out options for our 3e kid. BTW, they will likely use any IEP supports during testing for gifted programs. One option is to continue in a regular age level classroom and do enrichment. A friend guided me to the John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth at http://cty.jhu.edu/ They have on-line courses and some unique programs. They apparently do have an active presence in Washington state (I don't know about...
I have to say I am so glad to have found this forum. It is nice to see an active gifted forum on a parenting site. Other sites I belong too or have in the past belonged to have spaces, but no threads or posts. I have one daughter in 2nd grade. She is gifted, dyslexic, and has ADHD. She's just a little on the extreme of the spectrum in so many areas . We are in the process of evaluating different options for her education including enrichment/supplementation while...
Hello! I am Sky, from Seattle and thought I'd introduce myself. I just found these forums while looking up information on twice-exceptional children and found a thriving community here. What a wonderful surprise. I am an AP mom of a 7 year old daughter whom we raised with a family bed, extended breastfeeding, nurse on demand, etc. I subscribed to Mothering Mag when dd was younger and it was so nice to have that support as we were instinctively birthing/parenting - and...