or Connect

Posts by BluegrassBaby

Well, my darling DS is 10 months old today! WOW has it gone fast. He keeps me so busy that I rarely have time to come here and visit, I miss you guys! I have a question for all the Mommas, DS is not eating much solids yet basically he just has tastes of things once or twice a day. We tried cereal months ago, and several times since, but he's just not into it....so then I tried veggies and fruits, and it just seems he's not into baby food at all. So then I moved on to...
Hello Ladies.... I've not posted in so long, was on vacation in CA last month, and since I've been home I've been busy busy busy chasing my little crawler. JB is crawling everywhere, and SO fast. I am so ready for bed at naptime. hehee He does let me get a few breaks, while he watches his baby einstien videos. I can put him in his activity center or his swing(turned off) and he'll watch the whole thing! I use that time to clean the house or start dinner. He's been...
Welcome, I agree with all the PP, it sounds like you have PPD. Not sleeping, not eating, feeling inadequa as a mother, feeling overly anxious about your babys wellbeing, THAT IS CLASSIC PPD. You should see your DR. asap. I also agree with what the PP said about caring for you DS' colicky behavior, try a special formula, try colic remedys, and read read read. My DS was very high-need and colicky, I had a hard time coping sometimes. You wouldn't believe it now. He's...
Hello Ladies.... Since I'm new to this board I'll introduce myself, I'm a 25 year old Momma to one sweet BF DS, 4/10/03 I am married to my wonderful soulmate. We're both very overweight. I am 250#, at 5'8" and DH is 350# at 6'4" we're both large framed and carry the weight well, but still...there's no denying that we're darn fat.: I am actually down from pre-pregnancy (was 270, didn't diet), but I would like to lose at least another 50lbs, possibly more. My first goal...
I have an idea! Get him a cute little sweater at wal-mart or somewhere, then find an iron on transfer letter and make your own! You can find iron on letters at craft stores OR you can buy iron on paper for your computer printer and make your own design.
Hello Everyone... Glad to hear from even more april Mommas....be sure and check out the other thread to read about all of us that have posted there. Kinsey43, My JB has the same birthday as your Will, and he too was born on the due date I caculated(ob said 4/14)! From all the info in your post it sounds like they're at exactly the same stage developmentally too. Thats so cool! Like little twins. although my DS is a tad smaller than yours at "only" 20 lbs. LOL.
Hey everyone! Thanks for bumping us. Here's the update on J.B. He's getting so big! He's alround 20 lbs now, and getting taller too. Since it's been almost 2 months since the Dr, I'm not sure exactly how much. I have not been pushing the solids but I've offered more things, some jarred veggies and some homemade mashed as well. He'll only eat two or three bites before he becomes bored anyway. I never force a bite. He is still breastfeeding like a champ several...
Hello Mommas, Some advice on Hip Carriers please. I'll make a long story short, We recently tried a certain pouch sling and didn't like it. I so wanted to like it!: I need to go in another direction carrier wise. We've never used a carrier, but DS is almost always carried. He's 5 months old and big for his age, I'm guessing around 19lbs. (not been to the peds office for awhile) I'm getting worn out, even a trip to Wal-Mart is tough. I am SO wanting a carrier for him and...
Hey Ladies! Awhile back I posted here and on another APBB about wanting a pouch, and asked for advice about which was best for me and my needs. After reading all the great advice and recommends I found and ordered myself a hemp fleece pouch with rails from a WAHM. I was so excited to get slingin'. My DS and I had always been attached, but I had always just carried him. I hate to say I am disapointed with my purchase. I don't like the way it lays on my shoulder, and it...
Hello Everyone, s My DS is 5 months old. About a week or 2 ago I noticed he was humming/moaning before he fell asleep. Ocasionally lately he's been full after nursing but not totally alseep and when I lay him down, or if it's in the day and I put him in his swing, he starts to make this humming moaning sound. He does this for a few mins and then he falls asleep. Also, if I am holding him and patting his back or bouncing him on my knee and he starts to fall asleep he...