or Connect

Posts by McNic

Our 4 year old son has AFOs. They have a neat cars n' trucks pattern on them that he loves which helps make him want to put them on. They are cheerful and fun looking. I hear you that its a struggle - particulary when they are at the toddler stage and they are testing their boundaries. I also agree with a few of the above posters to have the fit double checked. Good luck!
Just wanted to say "thank you" for this thread! I'm no stranger to AFOs personally but our 4 yoson (who inherited my Charcot Marie Tooth neuromuscular disease) was just casted for his first pair a few weeks ago. Going to take your suggestions on the socks (he's a sweaty guy!) and feeling good that he chose a dark blue pattern and black velcro straps (because of the wear n' tear appearance reported with the lighter colours). Thanks again Mamas!
I know the OP was more about baby stuff but as a Mama of a Prem who was hospitalized for one month may I suggest putting the word out for: - a parking pass (or cash for a parking pass). Parking in hospitals is expensive and as Fiona will be in for an indeterminate amount of time, a parking pass will become your best friend. - gift cards for nearby restaurants. I know, I know...its not for Fiona. But NICU life is stressful - coupled with pumping/taking care of your...
Update! Visit was very productive. Basically boils down to: -as I have no PA risk factors, chances of abruption a second time are 10% - I will be followed more closely but bedrest or meds may not be at all necessary - any concerns I have will be treated seriously in light of my history The debate continues but its nice to know that we have a capable and sensitive doc in our corner. He ended the discussion by assuring me he would take good care of us and that...
Thanks for the reply! I will not have to go back to Hospital #1 again. My OB (again, weird) works out of hospital #2....where I would up delivering. So no more OB triage/high risk clinics at hospital #1 ever, ever again. But you bring up a good point...if there are "red flags" during the pregnancy, how will they be handled at triage #2. Its irrational to think that my OB will be on hospital grounds 24-7. Will my entire birth history be on file so no one will...
4 years ago we had our son was born at 31 weeks and 4 days. This Monday we have an appointment with my OB (which I feel strange coining him, but more on that later) to go over what happened/what went wrong and *if* we were to have another biological child, how would my pregnancy be handled. A bit of background - I was seen throught my pregnancy at the High Risk Unit as I have a neurological disease called CMThat can be exasperated by pregnacy. At 30 weeks and 5...
Quote: Originally Posted by moaningminny I've just seen someonewho had a c-section under a general anesthetic say that they would never tell someone that it's the end of the world to have an emergency c-section under general anesthetic because "it wasn't that bad at all". Venting is always good...isn't that what the internet was made for? Seriously though - to look at it from the flip side, in *her* experience, maybe "it wasn't that bad at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom I feel like no one understand the emotional pain of a traumatic birth and gen anesthesia C-section, unless you've been through it. It was so emotionally painful for my partner and me to miss out on the birth of our child. But at the same time, I know there are others who have gone through far worse than we have, which makes me feel guilty for even having these lingering thoughts. I hear you. Our son was...
[QUOTE=bri276;12823428] It's just sooo transparent and icky. We often take that time to verbally create horrific family Christmas letters of our own, but never have the guts to type and send them. QUOTE] This made me smile broadly...and knowingly nod my head. Just had to share!
Kids are cruel. I say that as a 31 year old woman with a moderately visible disability. My childhood years were peppered with questions and comments, ranging from inquisitive to cruel, from my peers. I wish I had a catch all phrase that would cure all...but I don't. Through experience I learned that a simple answer couched in a humourous tone worked best. (If I sounded defensive, sad or weak - kids would pick up on that and the teasing would often ramp up). i.e. ...