or Connect

Posts by pajamajes

Quote: Originally Posted by 2xy DS1 is kind and polite, but he is not outgoing, is somewhat reclusive, can spent hours and hours doing tedious, meticulous tasks (he spent about 10 straight hours last week designing and coloring new video game characters on Windows Paint), and talks about random, bizarre things and ideas. He's currently obsessed with conspiracy theories. He has friends but never initiates social activities. (Seriously....the kid is 18 and...
Quote: Originally Posted by ouesi This is really dangerous advice!!! OP, please don't try this, and pajamajes, please don't advise people to do this!! There is a reason show like Dog Whisperer come with a warning to "not try this at home" if you will. This is a good way to get badly bitten or attacked if done to the wrong dog. Eye contact is arguably the single most important thing you want to establish with your dog. Eye contact is the first...
Quote: Originally Posted by sleepypeanutsmom Thanks for posting this! I have an 8 year old as well and we've been looking for a volunteer opportunity that we can do together. She really wanted to work with dogs so we looked into our local animal shelter. They only accept volunteers age 11 or older (even with an adult!). Since she really wants to work with animals I've been considering calling a dog kennel to see if they take volunteers. I'd...
What is "weird"? If by weird he means different from the societal norm, then I would view that as a very good thing.
I definitely don't think you should "get rid" of her. She just doesn't know any better. Hiring a trainer would be best, if you can. It sounds like you need to establish your dominance before addressing any other behaviors, and a trainer will be able to help you. I'm not a trainer, but this might help. In the pack dynamic, dogs roll over and show their bellies as a sign of surrender to another dog's dominance. I would try bringing her near you and the kid when you are...
The Superbowl was today? I had no idea. I hate football. However, I have been glued to the television all day, but that's because there's a Law & Order:SVU marathon on.
If my kid brought that home, I would laugh. I'm laughing just thinking about it. :] I think the book is a good idea too.
Quote: Originally Posted by JBaxter I read my 18yr old and 15 yr old internet stuff ALL THE TIME. I have the passwords to their email accounts and check their phones. They now I do it Im their mother and we have an open honest realtionship. That's not an open and honest relationship. That's stalking. I'm shocked at the majority of responses here! This is definitely a violation of trust! OP, why didn't you just ask your daughter if she and...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie My take on it is that it's a good story, poorly told. I can't help but wonder what the story would have been like in the hands of a more skilled author (preferably one with a working knowledge of genetics and human anatomy). An editor with a working knowledge of grammar would have made my Twilight experience much more enjoyable. ;]
I'm in the "no problem, it is my name" camp.