or Connect

Posts by luv2mama

1. Grind them up and use like dried fruit in baked stuff like muffins or coffee cake. 2. You could also break them up or crush them and add to homemade granola. 3. What about grind them up and mix with crushed cookies to make a crust for a coconut cream pie? 4. Serve them at a playdate to your kids' least picky friends. Their friends eating something they don't like may change your kids' minds about the bananas. This has worked for me several times. Let...
I wouldn't exactly worry about it. If your baby seems warm and comfortable enough overall, I would just let it go. It may be that your baby could use warmer pjs. You could give it a try for a few nights and see if he wakes up less or seems to be cozier. Don't feel stupid asking. I wasn't born knowing, and this is one of the things we would all grow up familliar with if our society was different.
Our six year old cosleeper and I were in the violin shop yesterday. The owner of the violin shop was talking about how his 1 yo. mastiff puppy has always slept in their bed. He went on at some length about how she is now really too big to share the bed and he is frustrated at his lack of leg room. I asked dd, "Does that sound familliar?" She said, "No, we don't sleep with our dog." I see.... its actually dd's king sized bed! Perhaps its dh and I that need...
Thank you, Mamas for your kind words and thoughts. They have been really comforting and wonderful. I've been seeing a licensed midwife, but lately I've been thinking that I'll get an opinion from an OB. I haven't had any more spotting, so my fingers are crossed. :
We found out on Friday that I'm pregnant with twins, but that they probably won't make it. I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant and my babies were measuring at 7 and 6.5 wks. I'm sure of my dates and have had some light spotting. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I have been really hoping for twins for years. I won't go on and on about how terrible this is... Could anyone tell me what my chances are of conceiving twins again? I'm 35 and this is my fourth...
Another siggy question: Hey Mama's, how do I get a ticker in my siggy?
I have been having some of spotting too, so I know how scary it can be. My midwife has been really reassuring, saying that though people don't talk about it, spotting really happens all the time. She also said that we can treat this event as an opportunity from the universe to really connect with our babies and tell them how much we are looking forward to meeting and snuggling them. I have been worring, too, but I'm trying to put all the energy that I can into...
For me surrendering includes not making myself eat with my kids. I have asked them to eat with their mouths shut literally thousands of times and they just can't. "Please eat with your mouth shut", "Please talk with your mouth empty", "Why dont you wait to eat until you're done talking", "It just takes a few seconds to finish chewing, why not do that before talking". You get the point. I know that family dinners are important, and that eating is also a social time,...
When I told one of the homebirth midwives that I was interviewing my edd (12/31) she said something to the effect of "Well, so much for my New Year's party". : I was so offended. The right provider for me views birth as sacred, not a chore.
We're expecting our fourth sweetie on 12/31. I've also been given the date 1/2. Looking forward to getting to know you all.