or Connect

Posts by rrr

hello, i have not posted on here for years! what a surprise to get a message! the question is how much magnesium to take for depression. first answer these questions: 1. are you pregnant? 2. are you nursing? 3. how old is your nursling? 4. how is the sleeping? 5. how is the diet? 6. is the nursling eating other food? 7. how much exercise are you getting? 8. what is your history with depression and anxiety or nervousness? 9. what is your history with headache,...
hi. oldmama44 has the right idea. we have had the yeast / thrush discussion so often in La Leche group meetings. (i would like to recommend and LLL meeting to all breastfeeding mothers, btw.) with my first baby, i was so tired, i ate way too much milk and cereal, which is a set-up for yeast. reduce or remove carbs --especially refined ones. reduce or eliminate sugar. focus on veggies, soups and protein and getting more sleep. this will help to correct your...
hi from eugene, i hope you know that that policy is illegal according to oregon law, "a woman may breastfeed a child in a public place." a public place as opposed to a private club where you have to pay a fee to join, etc. even there, you might win a lawsuit. but a shopping center ,open to the public is certainly a "public place". if you google oregon breastfeeding law, you'll find it. the state dept. of health will contact the shopping mall, as well, i think. they...
hi. my daughter wa still actively nursing at 3 1/2 when my son was born. actually, as i got more and more sensitive we were nursing only briefly at naptime and bedtime. then my son was born and all the nursing power and time was going into him and she wasn't nursing at all. as we got our bearings with the newborn, i could see she was sad about not nursing. so we started up again and continued for a long time after. tandem nursing was good for their relationship. ...
hi native mamas, glad to see this thread is having new interest. hope we get some more west coast representation. hello tlingit, glad you are here! from lower columbia chinook (mouth of the columbia at astoria, coastal clan of chinook) our heritage is perhaps more similar. are you close to the ocean? did your ancestors eat salmon and make a thousand things out of cedar? there is a great book at the library called "cedar", that shows photos of all these things. i...
you've received lot's of good ideas. please seek couple's therapy in addition to your daughter's therapy. individuals operate within family systems, not independently. family therapy is also good, but should not happen without couple's therapy, i think. you and your husband need some privacy to work out issues of decision-making, communication and compromise, and support. then your united front will be one you can believe in. we try to go 2x a month. specifically...
one way is to distrust people's motives and be cynical about their beliefs. another way is to cultivate our own beliefs and actions based on these beliefs, so that what other people do no longer feels threatening. we are so pleased with what we are doing, that we can celebrate diversity. can people with very different convictions and practices both be right? are we tolerant and gracious toward people whose limitations could offend us? good king wenceslas was...
ahhhh-----the question of whether kids will doubt the existance of god when they find out that santa is not (or might not be) real. an important question. 1. if you are a person of faith, whatever you believe in, maybe you try to practice your beliefs all year round. maybe you talk about how your beliefs help you in daily decision-making and attitudes. maybe you attend weekly services to sing and pray and get the focus off yourself for an hour. and you do all this...
hello santa-lovers and others, i was raised in one home by a non-religious father who LOVED holidays and kept the magic of christmas. we eventually knew that dad was doing a lot of the santa-work, but he would deny it with a twinkle in his eye. we could read his tone and played along. this made for wonderful christmas memories well into junior high (my sister was younger.) my other home was with my very christian mother. christmas was jolly there,too, but we...
bump,bump.