or Connect

Posts by newmommy7-08

I'm not farmiliar w/ the OB's but I used the Midwives for both of my pregnancies. My first w/ DS was phenomenal. The midwives are absolutely wonderful and supportive and just overall fantastic! My birth w/ DS was an unmedicated vaginal birth w/only the midwife, my nurse, my awesome doula, hubby and MIL in attendance. In was truly awesome! My second was a c-section w/ the MFM docs at Magee. Dr. Crosure (sp?) did my surgery but my midwife was right there with me. All of my...
I didn't plan on dressing my girls alike but I LOVE doing it! I have sought out matches for clothes we've picked up at yard sales, and the clothes that don't match don't get worn a lot... unless it's a sleeper. I hope to outgrow this stage though because we have a ton of hand me downs that are being ignored and that bugs me!   We think our girls are fraternal, but aren't 100% sure. Some days they couldn't look more alike, others they couldn't look more different!
My girls are 4 months and I typically bake a ton, and have presents all bought and wrapped, some things made and wrapped. I have baked NOTHING, made nothing (except a santa face w/ DS) and just wrapped DS's santa presents this morning. We've got teddy bears, wooden teethers, and diaper rash oil for the girls and that's it. LOL We only do 3 presents for the first Christmas (bear, toy and clothing) but still! I still  have to make atleast 2 batches of cookies for my...
I can understand that but your SS and I don't share the view... I was explaining the situation more fully. DH and I DON'T stress that the toys are his... that's my IL's doing, we don't even stress that his toys are his. I think I need to clarify things even further...  He took the toys from the living room where you enter the house to the first floor where the dining room and kitchen where everyone else was.  He didn't take them away from everyone and into another room...
Thanks for all the responses. It helps to know that I'm not completely nuts... only partially lol!   As far as the bag of cars I do want to clarify a bit no,  this typically isn't a special toy...BUT my IL's have purchased all of these toys for my son, and have spent a large amount of time telling him that they are his. IE 'look what pappy bought for DS' 'look what grammy got for 'DS' 'ooooh this is just for you DS' now obviously most adults figure that those are...
My son fell down steps onto hardwood floor about 10 months ago. He started up them while I was washing dishes at the IL's, I realized he wasn't right there and thought he'd gone into the laundry room so I called his name, he must have turned to come back down and I turned in time to see my baby flying through the air out of the staircase. We never gate the bottom of the steps at the IL's even though there is a gate there unless we are doing something that means we  can't...
My DS is almost 2 1/2 and has 3 month old twin sisters. We had a situation yesterday, and have been having it lately and I want to know if I'm being overly defensive or if my expectations are more accurate. DS isn't very good at sharing. He goes in spurts with his current trend being unwilling to share special toys with other children. I'm inclined to feel he shouldn't HAVE to share things he considers special to him. Usually he's really great at sharing most toys but...
Which midwife was it if you don't mind me asking. Regarding Kaminski... he's only got limited consult hours, so it does make some sense they would want all the information. i know that some people love the Midwife Center, but they are less VBAC friendly then they used to be... whether it's their new overseeing ob's or the midwives are more conservative these days than they used to be. I've heard of several people going to them for VBAC's and clear till the end of the...
I switched to the Midwives at Magee from Womancare, so I am admittedly biased against Womancare. The OB I used wasn't very natural birth friendly for sure. I know several people who've tried to VBAC w/ various womancare offices and it doesn't always go so well. Part of the problem is that while you have to rotate through the docs in that office you may still never meet the provider you'll get when you're in labor since all the womancare offices work together for who's...
I had my twins on 8/11 and it was like a switch was flipped and my sweet 2 year old DS turned into someone I hate to admit, I don't like much at times. I keep trying to remind myself that he's still a baby too, and that this willpass... but it's HARD! I don't have any advice, but wanted to let you know I feel for you!