or Connect

Posts by newmommy7-08

I swear by my doula! Amy Farr at Blessed Arrivals! She was with me through the birth of my son (unmedicated vaginal delivery) 2 years ago, and was also with me for the scheduled c-section of my twins just 2 weeks ago. She's a person who is in this business for the love of it, not to make a buck. She loves what she does, and truly cares about the people she works with. You can reach her through her website at www.blessedarrivals.com, by e-mail at amyfarr@gmail.com or by...
I'm a second time mom w/ twins. My first, my DS was a terrible nurser, and we had so many issues that we wound up moving to formula when he was around 6 weeks old. I have been completely set on nursing these babies since finding out I was pregnant, but there are some things I'm concerned about. EBFing is not something I can do right now... that may be awful, but right now we're in survival mode around here. I NEED to still give my toddler time, I NEED to not be a walking...
I have 8 day old twin girls born via c-section. If they were my onlies I think I'd be doing much better. I could easily park myself on the bed all day or couch... but I have a 2 year old who obviously wants played with! DH is home until next Wednesday... and it doesn't help that since we got home from the hospital we've taken 3 different trips that were an hour 1 way. 1-To the ER... (massive pain around the incision) That was 2+ hours in the car plus 3 hours at the...
http://babyd.mrdsdesk.net/images/twins.jpg More photos here: http://babyd.mrdsdesk.net/gallery2/main.php Our blog: http://babyd.mrdsdesk.net/
I just wanted to let you all know that we greeted our beautiful girls yesterday at 39w3d. Emmalin came into this world at 10:00 am weighing 6#14oz and Bria at 10:01 am weighing 6#11oz. They are beautiful! Bria is a nursing champion, Emmalin... not so much. She's a little lazybones... but I'm NOT giving up on her! I'm falling asleep typing this so will add more details later. I do want to say that the c-section wasn't nearly as bad as I feared... though I wouldn't choose...
EDD: August 15th (but we're delivering tomorrow August 11th at 9am due to breech twins) Name:Kelly Age:32 Location: Pennsylvania Family: DH - Bill, DS - Aiden Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Both are girls Names you like: Bria Elizabeth and Emmalin Marie Birth Plans/Preferences: The plan is a c-section... but my preference would be vaginal unmedicated. Unfortunately despite spinning babies, the webster technique and anything else we could come up with Baby A...
I let DS pick out the girls first stuffed animals, DH and I picked out his. Then for DS we bought a new coloring book and crayons... nothing expensive and both were things we were going to be getting anyway. DS mows through his coloring books lol.
I can't believe it's August and that i'm still pregnant! Who would have thought I'd go longer with a twin pregnancy than I did with my singleton! Baby A has moved, into a transverse lie along the bottom of my uterus... there is a good 8" of nothing seperating her and her sister, also transverse up in my ribs... here's hoping she flips her little self head down and I don't have to have a c/s!!!
I love my arms reach! No, it's not level with the bed, because of the lip that keeps LO from rolling into any potential gap, but I never mastered nursing while laying so that wasn't a big deal. My full size also dropped down to PNP level. Just remove the bassinet bars, the cloth liner, and lower the mattress... easy peasy. It's not quite as quick to collapse as a PNP but we only used it in our house. DS slept in it at cosleeper level until 4 months old and then at PNP...