or Connect

Posts by newmommy7-08

My BIL is a programmer. He went to a state college for a BS in Comp. Science and a math minor (the more complex the math the better) He was hired directly out of college by the company he now works for making darn good money and has advanced quite well in the company. We know next to nothing about what he does at work because it's all classified, but he loves his job! The hours can be crappy, but after a few years and some advancements he does have the freedom when they...
I battle this same fight with my inlaws. They just insist on chiming in when I'm in the middle of handling it. When FIL raises his voice it scares the heck out of DS so I have to switch from discipline to comfort which manages to teach NOTHING! I always shoot him a look and say I'm right here and handling it THANK YOU! doesn't do any good for the next time but I have to say something!
Just a title? To me being called mama or mommy means the world. I couldn't even imagine encouraging someone else's child to call me mom. What the OP's MIL is doing is positively heinous! I actually talked about this with my MIL the other day and she was completely disgusted. As parents we help our children... that help should NEVER come with strings. In this case allowing her child to rent her basement has a huge string... that her grandchild call her mom. That's...
I saw a Webster Chiro for the first time on Friday. There was some pressure, but honestly not much, not nearly as much as w/ a massage, and I felt phenomenal that night!
Just wanted to add if you can find a chiro who is comfortable with the Webster technique they are worth their weight in gold! I saw mine for the first time on Friday and had the BEST nights sleep Friday night! and until I way overdid it yesterday was moving SO much better! Also, baby A definitely flipped transverse after 1 adjustment. i go back in tomorrow and will be seeing him 3 times a week until we get these girls in the positions they need to be in!
I cannot tell you how much I love the Webster trained chiro I started seeing today!!!! First off I really think Baby A has gone transverse! AFTER 1 ADJUSTMENT!!!! I've only gotten side jabs from her since the appt. I think she'd started to go that way after my spinning babies work the night before, but I really think he helped her stay that way!! Keep turning little girl!!!!! The other thing is I CAN WALK!!!!! For weeks if not months I've been practically in tears when...
We're expecting di/di twin girls. I'm 32 weeks and other than the not being able to walk when I first stand and the incredible pain between my legs when I lay on my side all is well. LOL If baby A isn't head down at our next midwife appt/u/s in 2 weeks we're also having another consult w/ MFM regarding the possibility of a c/s. They typically don't do them until 39 weeks and won't even induce twin moms prior to that (for induction they don't do it until necessary......
It doesn't matter a bit if you live with her. I'd tell her the only person in the house to call her mom are the one(s) she raised! You are your daughters mother and I think it's absolutely horrible that she is using your age and her own insecurities about getting older to confuse a child. It wouldn't matter if you were 15, 20, 25, or 30. She's still grandma, and you are the only MOM, MAMA, MOMMY, MOTHER your child has! If she's not listening to you you need to explain...
I'm almost 32 weeks and baby A still isn't head down. As a matter of fact she's head up with her sister transverse ontop of her. Mamas I'm TERRIFIED! I thought she had at LEAST gone transverse for the last few days, but last night I started getting the low rhytmic thumps of her feet so if she was, I know she's back to head up. I do NOT want a c-section... I can't even express how badly I don't want a c/s. I have a JUST today turned 2 year old, and caring for him and 2...
I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant w/ my twins, and only have 1 2-year old at home. I'm still utterly terrified and at times ticked off... because seriously what was God thinking... how can I AP twins and a toddler. (blasphemous hmm?) I do have more moments now when I'm excited that they're almost here. I love them dearly and can't wait to meet them... but I'm also thinking most of the excitement has to do with the fact that all the pains in my body are going to disappear once...