or Connect

Posts by Theoretica

I have a co-op class to teach tomorrow afternoon. I need to print about 40 pages of card stock for our math activity and, of course, the kids got into my card stock and I'm out. And the seats are out of the van so I can't go get more right now. And DH is working ALL day today and won't be back until much later this afternoon. And it's his birthday. And he's supposed to pick DSS up from school, and we're supposed to make him a cake. But we're out of stuff to make...
Quote: Originally Posted by pumpkin Marking the winter solstice? We celebrate Christmas as a cultural holiday with our families. I would like to start a tradition of acknowledging the winter solstice as the real impetus of the holiday season. The science lesson will come eventually. For now I am looking for a fun way to celebrate the 21st with DD. Any ideas? Posted via Mobile Device We actually do our winter holiday on the 21st because of...
I swear by the fuzzy Robeez, so easy to get on and off and so cute! Plus they are very soft and warm, and our area is practically arctic in the winter, below freezing all the freaking time and cold hard winds. Anyways, highly recommended, and Amazon has a 20% off sale code right now for them
Yeahhhh that sounds like my current littlest. SHe was diagnosed with VERY severe reflux, ended up in the hospital for a week when she was only a week old!!! She's on Prevacid and an apnea monitor now. She has silent reflux as well, and she's had several apnea episodes that scared the hell outta me. And I totally understand the freaking out over milk spewing out the nose, we've done that too. It's a little more under control with the Prevacid, but not completely. We know...
Quote: Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy RhiOrion-Wow, hard to believe anyone could find that Zantac tasty. That's incredible. Porcelina-Sorry your little one is having tummy troubles too. I hope you figure them out. Last night was DS's best night since around 3 weeks, when I first noticed his reflux symptoms. It was only his second day on Prevacid so I don't know if it could be working that fast. He's super mellow today too and napping...
Oh yuck Ellien, I'm sorry! I can imagine how stressful that is, and how hard that makes it to tackle, well...anything! I am overwhelmed just picturing it! Can you just grab one trashbag and do a quick 'fill it up' of stuff that doesn't bring you joy? So trash/donate/whatever just fill the bag and get it OUT I'm trying to tackle some stuff tonight while DH is working late. I can't get anything done with him here because I feel like he's judging me. Even if he's not, it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by anj_rn My husband and I have been adament from the beginning that no one will post pics of our children, or email pics except for us. I have to get on my MIL constantly about this (especially the emailing). Lst year I had someone I did not know post my daughter's pic on their facebook page (they know MIL) . I contacted them to remove it, when they did not I contacted the webmester and had it removed. That being said, my...
Our MD has us giving the split dose of Prevacid, she's on one tab at night and a half tab in the morning. Since overnights is the worst, that's when she gets the bigger dose. Once a day, according to our MD, isn't enough to keep it in her system on an ongoing basis, without a med level dip. She's MSPI as well, so that makes a difference.
Honestly? I've found that when people are threatening to call the police, the best thing that can be done is exactly that. The question of who they are and what they thought they were doing would be addressed, and even if you behaved inappropriately, if they are REALLY mandated reporters.... then there job was to report. Only. Interfering isn't on their menu.
My DH does data recovery for a living, and I can assure you that he never looks through the pics. He's trying to get it done as quickly as possible, so he might click on ONE pic at the front of the first album in the first folder or something, just to make sure they came through, but he definitely doesn't dig through them. The only time that changed was when he went to a client call for a warranty repair, and Dell wanted him to pull the hard drive and send it back to...