or Connect

Posts by Theoretica

Quote: Originally Posted by Bluegoat I just don't see how, even if someone "used" images of the kids for something, it would really make any difference to us. If someone wants images of kids, they can snap them on the street without anyone seeing. I mean, I take my kids to the beach - I don't know who might see them. I don't think the possibility that someone might use them to kidnap my kids is very realistic...
Well. I've emailed GearGirl and haven't heard back, I hope she's ok! After reading her amazing enthusiasm and motivating encouragement, I've decided we need to keep this thread going In Absentia so she can see the awesomeness that she has started once she returns I have donated the captains bed, the queen bed, the desk, the mattress set, the rocking chair, and several bags of clothes. All was supposed to go on craigslist but I A) have held onto it for YEARS, so it's...
She does have her eggs but due to a partial hysterectomy she is very unlikely to carry to term, hence why their RE has said surro is the best route for them to go. Thank you everyone for your advice and input! DH and I have discussed this quite a bit, and I think we're going to talk to xBF first and let him know I'm leaning towards it. That way he can look honestly at their finances, and do the research into how much they'd need to save up to make this happen. It...
Quote: Originally Posted by doubledutch such as? I'll make a list and post it!
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A And will it break your heart if she circumcises and vaxes this child? Just some more thoughts. Hmm. Well I think they're open to alternative possibilities, but if the child is not genetically mine, I *think* I can handle them making decisions I wouldn't necessarily make. It would bother me much more if the child was biologically mine. So yes, it would really upset me if they circ'd, but no more or less than...
Quote: Originally Posted by AFWife Agreed. I've known some fantastic foster parents. Every time I watch I have to fight the urge to start tossing stuff in bags. Some of the episodes chill me to the bone because I see the warning signs in my mother...the shopping at cheap places for random crap, sending people boxes of said crap, keeping things "just in case"... My stepmom does this. Ugh. Drives me batty
What about those odd, random things that don't have a specific place? What then? I do GREAT with categorizing, but these damned little things that have importance yet not enough to have their own PLACE...GRRRR!!! Any ideas?
We're doing multiplication with my 9yo! Here's what I did, and she LOVED it. Print out the times table square, point out there are 100 facts to learn...but they don't have to learn 100 facts! Ask what they know. They know the zeros, the ones, probably most of the twos, fives are easy peasy, and tens are no sweat. With a black crayon, x those out. Now find the 'matching' ones and explain the commutative property means you can switch the numbers and get the same result....
I'm hooked on it, my house is definitely cleaner now because of it
Reading this makes me realize I need to make a habit of taking my toddler for a walk much more often. Thanks for the nudge!