or Connect

Posts by firewoman

I wonder if you have looked at any of Dr. Christopher Shaw's work on the study of aluminum hydroxide and neurotoxicity.  According to Dr. Shaw, who is a professor of neurology and neurogenetics, dietary aluminum is very different than aluminum hydroxide(a vaccine adjuvant).   Aluminum hydroxide is present as an adjuvant specifically to hang around in the body for longer periods of time.  Also, the way in the which the aluminum enters the body is completely different. ...
I have five children ranging in age from 14 years to almost three years.  The oldest 2 have had the chicken pox vaccine but the youngest three are completely unvaccinated.  A family friend recently had a case of shingles and her unvaccinated 14 year old daughter has contracted chicken pox, presumably from her mother.    I'm trying to decide whether or not I should expose my children to her daughter in the hopes of giving them chicken pox.  Please give me your...
Hopeandfaith-I'm so, so sorry about everything that you, your husband and Jake are going through.  Does his blood disorder have a name?  I'm so happy to hear he doesn't have leukemia, but I know that even without cancer blood disorders are frightening.  I would love to hear more about your story as it evolves.  Please post back here to let us know if the treatment will begin.  We aould love to help support you through all of this.  I know how scary it can be.  
To the OP: I want you to know that you are not the first and certainly won't be the last to feel this way.  I think we have all been there.  No one can fully understand what it means to be a wife and mother except for those of us that are doing it.   I think what many of the PP have said is right.  It is important for you to have some time for yourself and believe me I know how hard won that time can be.  I could take more time for myself than I do but I tend to find...
So you have more than one parent upset that your daughter hasn't been vaccinated with Menactra?  Do they understand there is a contraindication for your daughter because of her latex sensitivity?   I no longer vaccinate at all so my three youngest haven't had anything but I don't broadcast the fact that they are not vaccinated because my medical choices are really no one else's business.  How do other parents even know that she is missing that particular...
My last birth was covered after I obtained an out of network exception.  I had a BCBS Anthem Point of Service plan that had three tiers of coverage: HMO, PPO and out of network.  With the out of network coverage the birth was covered under my PPO benefits which included a $300.00 dedictible which had been met with chiropractic care and labs and the prenatal, birth, newborn and postpartum care was only supposed to be covered at 70% which made our portion 30%.  The caveat...
Lovely!
Let me just say that in regards to calculating BMI, the chart is flawed.  My kids are not in any way overweight but according to the charts at my doctors office, they are.  The chart does not take into consideration body composition, it only compares weight to height so even if your child has low body fat but is heavily muscled, some docs will show concern because the BMI is slightly higher than it should be.  I know every office is different but this is something that I...
They may suggest she receive the Gardasil vaccine at age 10.  When I took my daughter in at age 9 they wanted to administer it.    The vision and hearing test is very similar to how they tested us.  At my ped, the nurse holds up an eye chart and has the child cover one eye at a time to test the eyes and the hearing test is given by having the child wear headphones that make beeping sounds on only one side.  The child then picks up a popscicle stick and places it in a...
        To answer your questions here I'd say that in this particular thread the argument has been more about what is perceived to be a lack of education/experience (especially dealing with complication) in a homebirth midwife not so much the venue of the birth.  There has also been discussion about homebirth midwives lack of malpractice insurance and the risks surrounding that fact.  Liz, the mother who began this discussion, had a very terrible birth which resulted in...