or Connect

Posts by Cekimon

I'm wondering if anything has come of this.  I have a five year old boy and I think Boy Scouts sign ups start in first grade (next year). I'm choosing to avoid BSA (for reasons that can live in another thread!) and so we're looking for alternatives. I found out about Earth Scouts in another mothering forum thread but when I visit their site, I can't seem to find where to search for local chapters. I'm doubtful there is anything in our area but I'd be interested to see...
thanks for all the great success story replies. it gives me more confidence in our decision. and i'm really looking forward to seeing how the progression goes.  
 We are enrolling our son in a dual immersion program at a public school this fall for kindergarten.  It is the 90/10 model which apparently is more successful than the 50/50 model so I'm glad for that. I don't have any experience with it yet other than that we are excited for it.  The program we're entering will be in its first year but the parents and administrators bringing the program to the school are an amazing group and very passionate about DI so I'm feeling...
After Photo of recyling/garbage can area: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wAzBCYkQj-uVBI7iG_abiA?feat=directlink Before Photo of my recycling/garbage can area: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/i6BjQ2xJ_7HunVPMiPtytg?feat=directlink          
of course the product line i'm looking for is not listed. i think the company is too new.   has anyone heard of beauty society and/or used their products? they are paraben and sulfate free but after that, I don't know what else to look for. they also do re-fills which is the only company offering that for cosmetics. i wish they were on that site - i like the way the break it down.
thanks for starting this thread. some of the information shared by you and others has been very helpful.
Big THANK YOU
 Lately I won some Beauty Society products at Bunco. I got their cleanser and moisturizer. I was also recently given a sample pack of arbonne products. Then I have another friend that sells Usana which has a skin care line as well. Previously I have been using Origins.   I'm getting more concerned about companies that make claims their products are natural and safe and non-toxic, but in all honesty I don't know what I'm looking for. I've heard of safemama dot com,...
 I found something at Whole Foods like I like and it smells so nice. I think it's called ShiKai ...or at least that is the name brand. Sorry not more help.... There's also another one that is supposedly natural, "It's a 10"  I like the Shi Kai better though.
do you drink a splash of it in a tall glass of water 2 or 3 times a day? or just one glass of water that you drink through the day? I really want to try this. your acne sounds exactly like mine. i'm so burned out on the never ending quest to cure it. i can't even pinpoint breakouts to when my cycle is - seems like it's the worst around ovulation but it's not like skin is totally clear when I'm not ovulating. so frustrating.