or Connect

Posts by Sparks*

The poor economy has helped our co-op I think.  Our school is much less expensive than other preschools in town and also has a very good reputation.  This is our first year at the school and we've seen enrollment steadily increase.  Right now all of our classes are completely full and we have about 20 families on our wait list.   I think what keeps our school thriving is our reputation and very low tuition rates.  We have also received two grants this year for our...
ooohhh...that IS pretty!  I think I could manage that straight out of the shower.   My hair is super thick, slightly wavey, and pretty coarse.  I've had short hair before, but not as short as a pixie.  My hair tends to grow thick before it grows long iykwim...so my hair gets pretty poofy when it's short unless I make frequent trips to the salon to get it trimmed and thinned out.    
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a post than I did while reading this!!!    My hair is borderline haggard cave woman...but I'm holding out hope that my life will improve in the sense that someday I can take a shower for longer than three minutes, pee without a baby on my lap while reading a book to a preschooler, go to bed with brushed teeth and pajamas on, and yes, actually be able to comb and style my hair.   I'm starting to wimp out on the pixie cut though....
I'm not pregnant, but love talking about names!   I really wanted to name both of my sons "Oscar Mateo", but dh said it sounded like a Mexican boxer, and we aren't of latin decent.  Plus, Oscar has gotten to be very popular and trendy in my neck of the woods.   Other names I love but could never muster up enough guts for: boy: Algernon Herschel Simon Arthur Nigel   girl: Bernadette Liberty Hazel Bliss Beatrice Matilda
Anwen Ameera Arabella   I think of Amarillo Texas when I see/hear the name Amaryllis....Azalea sounds much prettier to me
I used one for my last child and it was right!  It was fun and super easy...just pee in a cup...plus it was only 20 bucks, so what's the harm :)   If you want to try it, then go ahead and try it!  But like it says on the box..don't go and paint your nursery blue or pink after reading the results.
I think Elise Hannah is a beautiful name!
I'm not sure where to post this, so please move if need be :)   I have a 4yo and a 7 month old and my hair is stuck in a permanent pony tail.  It's driving me insane.  I only have time to wash my hair, then stick it in a pony tail straight out of the shower...so not cute.   If I wear my hair down at all, my 7 month old pulls and chews on it like crazy.  It just doesn't work.  Even the least bit of flyaways will find their way into my baby's hands.   I'm...
I used the woombie with my youngest ds and it was awesome!  my babies never liked to be tightly swaddled, and I could never keep them from escaping out of any of the other swaddlers I used, or even the muslin blankets.  Plus, the stretch to the fabric was really nice in the way that it allowed ds to move his arms and legs a bit, but was tight enough for him not to startle.   I'd highly recommend the woombie, but be advised that they run really small.  I used the...
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama There was a thread awhile back in which someone was considering that name. The consensus was, NO, NO for several reasons: Most people associated the word with the Hindenberg disaster - and who wants folks to think of horrific fiery death when they see your sweet baby? Zeppelins were also used as bombers during WW1 - again with the horrific fiery death. And then there was the problem of zeppelin = blimp =...