or Connect

Posts by Sparks*

I have a German American friend who is due with her 2nd. She told me she wants to name him/her Zeppelin. Her last name is Graf I really like the name, and think it sounds pretty cool, but I wonder if this baby would be a laughing stock when she takes him/her to visit family in Germany. It's really none of my business of course, and she should name her baby whatever she wants. I was just curious to see what you all thought.
Anyone?
Hi! It's fairly likely that we'll be spending next semester (august-december roughly) in the Nome area. What can you tell me about it? What type of housing is available short term? What do you all do for fun? TIA!!
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Like pp have said, it's a completly natural and normal process and it won't last forever. Nothing is forever! My ds weaned himself from the breast early (16mo) but still is a huge fan of his paci. He sucks on that to fall asleep for both naps and at night, and he continues to suck on it while he's sleeping. I have no plans of weaning him from his paci. It's something he needs now, and will not need forever.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla Have you tried sharing general "carseat safety" literature (pamphlets or internet links) with her? Remember that a 2yo CAN be legally and safely buckled in FF, even though she's be safer RF. And not all seats need to be tethered in- they can be installed with the vehicle seatbelts too. But the loose and twisted straps do need to be fixed. BTW, I don't see any hypocracy here. I see a very serious concern about...
I have some great friends who are very mindful parents (cloth diaper, extended bf, ap, etc..) but they're starting to drive me a little nuts with what I would call hypocricy for lack of a better term. They refuse to let their dd swim in a public pool because of the chlorine. That's fine, their choice. I've researched this, and am comfortable with letting my ds swim at the public pool once or twice a week during the summer. The thing that gets me is that they have...
ds had a lingering cough like that a few weeks ago. It was really hard watching him go through it, but like you, I loaded him up on home remedies and he got through it on his own. I don't really see how a sinus infection would cause a cough. Is his nose still running? I personally wouldn't do the antibiotics unless an infection was completely confirmed and it was getting worse and worse. To me, it sounds like your son's body is working the crud out on its own. ...
ds definately prefers older kids. He's almost 2 and a half, and his favorite playmates are girls in the 6-8yo range. He plays with kids of all ages, and is in a play group with kids who are all within a couple of months in age of each other, but he asks to specifically play with our neighbor's daughter, who's 8 and my youngest sister (his aunt ) who's 7. When he's around kids his own age or younger, he becomes very aggressive and competitive. From what I've observed,...
I don't know...I think you'd find yourself pleasantly surprised at how it really isn't that big of a deal. When I was pregnant with ds, and people would ask me that question, I'd just tell them the truth. Usually people were just curious about it and had lots of questions more than being judgemental or doom and gloom about it. Bu if someone started saying how "they could never take that kind of risk" or whatever kind of other bs, I'd just say, "from my research,...
I would hire a professional personally. Like one of the previous posts mentioned, I too have very few quality pictures of ds being born and those first hours afterwards, and it really makes me sad. A good photographer knows how to "hide in the background", so I don't think it would be too disruptive. For example, we told our wedding photographer that we only wanted candids, and I never even noticed he was there! We have some amazing wedding photos too.