or Connect

Posts by Sparks*

hi, i have a sick little boy, so I don't have time to do a search about this. I'm wondering if any of you have experience with Tamiflu, if it has worked well for your family, if there are any concerns we should know about before we give it to our soon to be 1 year old son? He's just come down with a fever today, and my husband is just getting over the flu. TIA!
my friends daughter was recently in the hospital with pneumonia, and what does our other friend bring for her to help her feel better? A happy meal! The poor thing was too sick to eat any of it.
that's awesome!
that would totally freak me out too. I really can't think of any good reason to carry around a paddle at church either. Very bizarre. I would probably try to find that woman next Sunday and ask her what her paddle is for. Maybe she has a good reason, even though it's hard to imagine one.
that's total BS! I really wonder if there's a need for doctors at all sometimes. ER docs, I can validate...pediatricians, not so much. There just seems to be way too much BS you have to sift through before you get any useful information.
you are not alone with your thoughts at all. I could have easily written your post myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 : I never could fathom how moms could allow this - they must be a lot less sensitive to touch than I am! It's ok if he tantrums when you say no. You are there to comfort him. If you can't do it then your dh can. He feels strongly about this, but he is also violating your personal space and your body, and he is able to learn that this is not OK. At 17 months, your task has shifted from keeping him from crying ever to...
Quote: Originally Posted by WuWei Dairy causes aggression and incontinence. HFCS causes ds to be less able to hear and consider other's needs. Artificial colors cause hyper activity in many children. Any chance of an in-home daycare where both of your stress could be lessened? You might also check with Co-abode about house sharing with another single mama to share childcare. Perhaps, you all take turns working and sharing child care, instead of...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLuckiestEllie What do you do when you see a child get spanked in public? I witnessed this tonight. The kid was maybe 8 or 9 years, and wasn't doing a single thing wrong that I could see. The mom just screamed and screamed at him and then she spanked him several times. I felt sick to my stomach but I had no idea if I should do anything. I just gave DS a big hug and turned him away so he couldn't see. What would you...
this is my first post too! yay!