or Connect

Posts by Sparks*

if it's a "switch" that you and your dh see, is there a way that you could see the triggers that set her off? once you recognize the triggers, maybe you could help her with the situation before she's at her hair pulling breaking point, ykwim? for example, perhaps once you notice a disagreement taking place, you could step in and say, "dd you look angry." "when I get angry, It helps me to take deep breaths, or hit a pillow, or run in place, or xyz...etc..". I think I...
Hi! I have only breastfed one child, so I can't really give first hand advice on breastfeeding subsequent children, but I really felt I should respond to your post since it sounds like you're a military mom just like I used to be first of all, don't worry! You're going to do great! It looks like you're planning far in advance and that is a really wonderful thing. Have you talked to your command yet about where you can pump while at work, and how often you can pump?...
I buy pretty much everything second hand, or third, or fourth I figure it has had its time to off-gas by then, I'm recycling, and it's very easy on the wallet. Best of all worlds! I have bamboo floors. I would think any carpet would have far more allergens whether it's organic or not. I don't really understand why organic products are SO much more expensive. It kind of turns me off to them because it comes off as elitest to me, ykwim? I mean, does a cotton t-shirt...
I've had the mirena for about a year and a half and I really like it. I got it when ds was about 3mo and was able to nurse him for a year and a half no problem. I've NEVER gotten my period! I haven't had AF since before I got pregnant over 2 years ago! Some things I do not like about mirena are: horrible acne...we're talking junior high all over again weight loss...I'm super thin to begin with, so this is not at all good for me very dry...lubrication is a...
I'm a step-child, not a step-parent. I have both a step-dad and a step-mom. My parents divorced when I was 3yo and they both remarried within a month of each other when I was 6yo. My relationship started off on the wrong foot with my step-mom because my dad came home from a trip (he's an airline pilot) with step-mom and said "come and meet your new mom!" They had gotten married before my brother and I even knew she existed. She was very young and immature at the...
so sorry! heartburn is the worst! what really helped me was peppermint oil. my midwife told me to just but a dab of it on my pillowcase at night so I would smell it while I slept. during the day, I'd carry around a small bottle of it and when I'd feel the heartburn coming on, I'd just take a few sniffs of the oil and it would go away immediately. hth!!
your kids sound absolutely amazing, OP! And I can SO relate to you! I too have a furniture dismantling, tumbling, climbing up walls, escape artist toddler!! He also just built a lifesize sculpture of our dog out of tennis ball cannisters and duct tape. Who else could I tell that to without them thinking I'm a nut job?
I don't have time to read all of the posts, but I had to respond. I wet my bed until I was about 13. It wasn't every night, but at least twice a week. It was horrible and my mom tried everything with me. What finally worked was her taking me to a hypnotist. I know, this may sound a bit crazy, but it really worked. I have no memory of going, but my mom says that the hypnotist told me that I would feel when I had to use the bathroom, wake up, go to the bathroom, then...
wow, thanks for all of the helpful advice I've applied for healthcare through our state, and even though they say we qualify, they denied us due to lack of funds for the program. : Of course if this becomes serious, I won't hesitate to take him to a doc. His symptoms just started today and I happened to have some strips to test his urine. He's never had any type of infection before and has only been to the doctor once his whole life. (I thought he had a rash when...
Nevermind, I found what I'm looking for