or Connect

Posts by Sparks*

I don't even own a dining table, but if I did, I would probably be hesitant to let my son up there. I think it's the whole height part that makes me nervous. That said, we have a coffee table and ds sits, climbs, and jumps off of that quite often. It's extremely sturdy and low to the ground, so I have no problem with it. He's 19mo by the way
I screamed really loud. I'll never forget my husband saying "ggrrrrr you're a tiger!...be a mean mad tiger!" I guess I sounded like I was roaring
my mom is paralyzed from the waist down on her left side and has to have a colostomy bag because of her epidural with my sister 16 years ago. I was 10 when she was born and was there for the entire labor and birth. Needless to say, it left a huge impression on me. I remember when they put the needle in my mom's spine, she cried out and said that she felt lightning all through her legs. The doctor just told her to breath through it and she was fine. My mom did get a...
we're right there with ds too. His language is quite good and he can communicate through signs or body language, but sometimes it just comes down to him not getting the exact response he wants. I've come to just schedule in tantrums so to speak. for example, about 90% of the time, he has a fit when we come home from being outside. It doesn't really matter what I do before hand or during or after. He's working something out, and I figure if I give him his space, let...
I second the twin bed idea. toddler beds are quite small and out-grown very quickly. we got a twin for ds (19 mo) that we just put right up to our king sized bed. I plan on moving the twin to his own room eventually. Oh, and I think twin sized sheets are much easier to find and tend to be about the same price or cheaper than toddler bed sheets. HTH
Hello. I have a 3 yo boston terrier who is not doing too well. Besides little nibbles here and there today, he hasn't eaten for three days. He ate nothing at all yesterday and the day before. He hasn't thrown up, but he has extremely watery stools that are a redish brown color. I think he may have gotten into some of our neighbors trash outside. I also just found a dead rat under our bush out back that I'm really hoping he hasn't gotten into. This isn't the first...
I dress our dog up every year! He's been "super dog", a fire hydrant, a dragon, and this year we're thinking he'll be a hot dog and ds will be a hot dog eating champion I also put our dog in a coat during the winter. He gets really cold without it since his hair is so short!
Sorry if this has been asked before, but my internet is super slow and I don't have time to do a search. I've been part time EC'ing ds since he was around 5mo. He's now 18mo and we're nakey butt full time during the day at home. He's been doing great! He uses his weeman urinal completely on his own, and tells me when he needs to poop so I can go bring him a book to the potty He gets really upset now when I go to put a diaper on him for his naps or bedtime. I would...
I just finished the speech this afternoon and it went pretty well! I really just focused on disproving the common myths about circ and presenting it as a human rights issue. I really wish I had more time though so I could have covered a bunch more things. Everyone seemed really interested though when I was talking, and one guy even said afterwards "that's total bulls@!t that my parents did that to me!" I had a bunch of pamphlets from NOCIRC to pass out, but I ran out...
OK, I'm really starting to freak out about this presentation! I've never talked about this subject to a room full of people before. Plus, there's so much I want to say, but there's no way I'll have time for it all! I'm really going for a penn & teller approach. I want to present circ as total bull$#!t, ykwim? I have the "answers to your questions about infant circumcision" pamphlets printed out from nocirc to hand out at the end of my speech. Plus, I was thinking of...