or Connect

Posts by Sparks*

here's a related article that I found http://africa.reuters.com/wire/news/usnL1408565.html It really drives me crazy how this whole campaign honestly thinks that cutting off foreskins is a more effective form of HIV prevention than actually educating these populations on safe sex practices and actual HIV facts. It's like they think these men are animals and are incapable of higher thinking. It really infuriates me! How irresponsible to preach that circumcision...
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. It has never made sense to me why people would think it's valid and reasonable to respond to violent behavior with violence! Total craziness. You sound like an amazing mom who has worked very hard, and for your in-laws to treat you that way after one hurdle, is really unfair and well, horrible. Great big hugs to you, Mama and keep on keepin on! Your efforts with your son will pay off threefold most definately!
Quote: Originally Posted by Contrariety If DS turns his nose up at dinner, I leave his plate on the table for at least an hour afterward, and he usually grazes on it, like when he realizes that it's the only thing around to eat and nothing better is coming along. this is what I do too. ds is definately a grazer and extremely picky.
My son weaned at 16 months despite all efforts and I put him on Baby's Only organic toddler formula. He is an awful eater. Cheese and fruit are the only things he'll eat, so I put him on formula so he'd have the calories and nutrients he needs. He'll very occassionally drink some whole organic cow's milk, but absolutely refuses goat's milk. If your lo is a picky eater, I'd go with formula and a DHA supplement if it isn't already added to the formula you choose.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice I would for sure try to get her in bed by 7 or 7:30. It will make a world of difference for you. The book has lots of tips for keeping early birds sleeping later, too. I feel your pain, really, our lo wakes up at 6:15 on the dot every morning and it is rough. But a later bedtime is no help. At least he is happy when he wakes up, and that's a blessing. Another thing it brought to my attention was...
Does anyone know where I could get some of the tools used for circ? I'd especially like to use the restraining board as a visual aid. I guess I could always just use pictures, but the actual items would be way more effective I think. I'll definately use handouts too. Thanks ramlita for the penn and teller idea! I've seen it before, but just watched again as a refresher. I'm totally going to use the line about how Tony the Tiger's grandfather is telling us what to...
thanks for all the replies and great ideas! Since NOCIRC is about genital integrity for all, I guess I could talk about that with a focus on male infant circ since that's what's most dear to my heart. I really know I'd regret not doing it, so I think I'm just going to have to face my fears and do it! I'm only given 5-7 minutes! That seems like no time at all to me. So for those of you who have done speeches or papers like this, was it received well at all? From Fi's...
I'm taking a persuasive speaking course, and I have this great opportunity to do a speech on RIC. Most everyone in the class is in their late teens-early twenties, so they're still pretty young and impressionable. Most of the class is male though, so I'm worried about how receptive they may be. I have to do the speech to persuade people to donate money to a non-profit organization of my choice, and of course, the first one that pops in my head is NOCIRC. I'm feeling...
Hello fellow tat mamas!! I only have one tattoo...as of yet, but really want to get another on my hip. I haven't had time to read all of the posts here yet, so I don't know if this has been asked before. We're planning on having at least one more kid, and I'm worried about possibly stretching out a tattoo from a pregnancy. Anyone have any experience with this? My current tattoo is on my upper middle back, so it wasn't affected when I was pregnant with ds. I didn't...
Thanks again for all the great ideas! Ds seems to have moved his focus more towards cooking the last few days. Don't get me wrong, he's still in love with electronics and taking things apart, but now he constantly wants to play "hot-tea". That's his word for anything kitchen related since he always sees me fixing my tea there. Yesterday we made lasagna together and he poured, spread and mixed ingredients with crazy intensity! It was a lot of fun and he really didn't...