or Connect

Posts by sweetkid

He is still way too young for those expectations.3 year olds have a natural curiosity and wonder about everything in the worlds and are by nature exploring and learning at such a fantastic rate I don't think it is at all possible for even an orderly househols to stay that way with one around. We are also a Montessori family,in just 1 more year you will certainly start to see the results of all your work!!!   It sounds like you are at your wits end though so how...
My ds is 16 months,he has just started his dtap and polio vaxes. He has had 3 hib (starting at 4 months) as my dd goes to a school with children that live on a prep school campus. We space vaxes out so he got the hib by themselves,the dtap and polio together then the dtap by itself. He is due for his final hib(which I'm actually NOt doing) and second polio in April. Sorry for the boring back story. So every time except 1 ds has gotten very sick 10-14 days after the...
Winter with a busy toddler is very hard! I'm right there with you! I am also a bit of a yeller and ds is very sensitive to my moods.On my good days I am able to remember that the kids are modeling my behavior. Libraries are great places,and you may want to look in fyt for a local playgroup,something YOU can look forward to each week. My ds is just a bit younger than yours,my dd is 4,I bought and read the PLayful Parenting book this summer with her in mind,it is...
Congratulations !!!!! My sister is in CT ,there is a Holistic Moms Group in Old Saybrook (?)n or there abouts,Great place to get a good supply of BM going for your LO.I'll call her later today and get the info for you.
My Ds is 15 months old loves Breastfeeding from 3a.m until wake up time,this really does not bother me in any way at all except lately he has been popping up at 4:30 or 5 and asking to get up.He is really really loud and we have a4 year old and a Dad in the other room that need thier sleep! Dd was a 4:30 riser for 2 years and I really HATE getting up this early.  I have been getting up and putting him in front of thomas the train for a couple days now,I know taht is not...
my dd is 4,she has had her own basket of snacks and her own shelf in the fridge for a few years.she can help herself to anything at anytime and generally has 3-4 snacks on her own and meals at appropriate times. she goes to school in the mornings,Montesorie,so she serves herself there too.It really makes eating a non-issue.She is required to take try-it bites at mealtimes and use manners,since about 3.5 yrs. he sounds normal and it sounds like you are doing fine too...
I am one of nine children in a foster/foster adopt home. My Mother and Father fostered @25 children adopted 3 of them,then divorced when My father thought our family was complete and My Mother did not agree. She went on to adopt 3 more children and has fostered @100. She was recently recognized for fostering for 45 years. My Mother was NOt a good foster parent by any stretch of the imagination,the abuse we witnessed by her has scarred all of us older kids in dramatic...
My sister purchased a dozen medium fuzzibunz for my nephew 7 years ago,he used them for @6 months then they went into a plastic box and my dd used them 3 years later for over 18 months,they went into a box again and my neice used them a year later for a year. Fuzzi bunz ROCK. I had a huge assortment of really fun dipes for dd that I passed to my sister and as we each have a babe in dipes I purchased 18 of the new aio fuzzibunz last year when my ds was 3 months old. They...
I am sorry you are going through this. I have to say though that to look at life (from your brief replies online) from your sons perspesctive,it doesn't sound like he (or you) has any fun at all! I too was pregnant with a toddler last year and it is very hard but not half as hard as having the 2 kids on your own! You have got to take care of yourself and keep your sons happiness and development in mind. I found great relief for pregnancy antipathy in liquid iron...
I'd sign yourselves up for a dog obedience course,take ds along. Also 6 is not too young to know that a dog that is biting can and will be put to sleep if it bites a stranger or another child and that he is training the dog to bite.If this continues you would be doing the dog a great disservice if you kept it.My 4 year old understands very well how to treat our family dogs and has very real consequences if she mistreats them,She is separated from the dogs if she gets too...