or Connect

Posts by lizvan

Have you tried feeding with an oral syringe? They are usually used to irrigate after oral surgery and hold maybe 1/2 to 1 oz. I used them for supplementing both my boys with great success. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you details.
When my older was 3.5 and younger was 15 mo I bought a full size bed for them (queen would have been better but we couldn't fit it) and started putting them to bed together. Then when one or the other of them woke up, I would go in and sleep with them for the rest of the night. It was awesome! No guilt, some me time, no grumpy DH. My younger is a glommer ( is this a word? Meaning he gloms onto whoever is there all night and they can't move) so I used to put a body pillow...
This is not so much about PS as about dealing with DH. I don't know if your DH is like mine, but mine is a "knee jerk response then dig in your heels" type when it comes to decision making. Luckily, he is also kind of lazy and soft-hearted when it comes to follow through. He loves to send down edicts and then expect others to implement (not bashing here, we all have strengths and weaknesses, and it is helpful to have strategies). I find it is very important to include DH...
I use Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser and I have my eleven yo son use it also.  I have tried various products (I have combination skin and am prone to break-outs - even in my forties!) and none of them seem to work great (if anyone knows of something that works great, let me know).  What I like about the Aveeno is that it doesn't have a lot of fragrance, is relatively inexpensive ($6 or $8 a bottle), and lasts a long time because it is a foam.  It doesn't work...
I get your frustration about having every outing centered around getting a treat or kids buying stuff. You will think you are out on a nice family outing and then all people care/think about is when are we getting a treat, getting Magic cards etc. It helps me to prep before we leave that these things will not be happening, or if they will be happening, do it right away and get it over with so people (including you!) can move on and think about something else. Good luck!
I am not a RU, but would describe myself as an eclectic, relaxed homeschooler.  I did AP and all that.  I did have a very authoritarian upbringing and wanted to avoid that, and I also am not very tolerant of chaos.  When my kids were little (toddlers) and I was really working on AP and GD, I would frequently feel at a loss with trying to figure out what my very little children wanted (to do, wear, eat etc.).  My ah-ha moment came when I realized that what they needed...
I'm glad it's working better for you. If babe is sucking, you should continue to see bubbles, which indicates milk is being removed. If it stops bubbling, try to just move the tube slightly while baby is still latched to adjust the position. I was thinking more about it and I did try to position tube so it stuck out just past the nipple ( maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch). This was per LC instructions. Do you use tape to hold the tube in place? I would use tape, but not close enough...
Yeah, if the tube isn't placed correctly, it doesn't get any suction and no milk (or very little) gets sucked out, so experiment.  I don't know if the tubing can be too long, you want some flexibility in placing the bottle of milk.  I used to place the tube diagonally across the top of the breast with the end I think just at the tip of the nipple or maybe even a little forward.  I could never get the milk to bubble with football hold, only really with a regular...
Are you aware that the milk in the sns should be bubbling if it is placed properly? I ask this because I tried to use the sns with my first DS and he took very little from it and I didn't know why. I had a great LC with my second and she knew right away if it wasn't placed right. Keep moving the tube around until you find a placement where the milk bubbles. Also, place the milk holder high if you want quick flow, lower for slower flow. If you just can't get the sns to...
When mine were little and would hurt each other I would work hard to concentrate on the injured party. Frequently, I would make no comment to the aggressor, and just spend some time making sure the victim was OK. Even if your DS is not crying, pick him up, fuss over him, get him some ice or a wet wash cloth. If DD wants your attention you might tell her that you have to make sure DS is OK. With a child as young as your DD, it will only take 30 seconds to a minute of this...