or Connect

Posts by loveandgarbage

Hey mamas! So good to read everyone's updates. We're mostly chillin' but a few things have been hard. Lou seems to be teething (my older two teethed late so this is early for me) and has days where he's just upset. But he seems to be a relatively happy and easy baby! My kids are now on summer break so we've had to change up our schedule again and the hardest thing is getting Lou his good/long afternoon nap when my kids are being nutsos. For some reason they decide they...
Hi mamas! Haven't been on here in awhile and it's been great to read through everyone's updates. Lou is growing like a champ and is in 9 month clothing already. I decided not to clip his tongue as my nipple pain magically went away and nursing is going just great. I have an electric pump for the first time ever and have pumped a few times. I've actually gone out a few nights and that's been great for my mental state! The only thing I'm finding challenging is Lou's need...
www-- it's already been said, but nursing that often is totally normal. DS1 used to only take 15-30 minute breaks between sessions!
No suggestions, just wishing you a healthy breast soon, Buko. 
Wow congratulations!!! So happy for you and your family. And what a powerful mama you are, birthing an almost 12 lb baby!! 
odinsmama I appreciate the input! We're gonna do the clipping. My MW also said it was a good idea. We had our 6 week check-up yesterday. Lou is almost 13 lbs, up from 8/11 at birth.    So sorry about the fussy babies :(. Jenny have you noticed extra fussiness after you eat certain foods? Mine have all hated broccoli, onions and certain beans.   Rach, imho it's normal to still be having mood swings. Mine peaked around 4-5 weeks but I'm still not quite myself. I...
odinsmama, I think I might've talked about it on the BF thread, but Lou is tongue-tied (really short frenulum). We've been working with an OT/LC (who has been amazing) and his tongue has loosened up a lot. But she's sort of done all that she can do and he still doesn't have the best latch which is causing me a lot of pain. He's getting milk out thankfully, even with a funky latch, so the clipping would more be for my comfort. So I'm just not sure. My oldest was slightly...
We're doing pretty well. Lou will be 6 weeks on Friday. I've had some ups and downs with hormone adjustments but I feel better mentally this week. And I finally feel better "down there" so that really helps. It's been a really long winter here, and I know that once the weather is warmer (and I feel I can get out more with babe) I'll feel completely normal again.   We have our last appt with the MW tomorrow and I'm curious to hear how much Lou weighs. He's such a...
So good to hear an update from you, Kate! I was wondering about you :) Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! I'm so sorry breastfeeding didn't work out. You did all that you could. You are a wonderful mama who is doing what's best for her baby
Nursing in Public, but yeah, nipple works too!   My general nursing outfit is to wear a tanktop that I can pull down underneath a shirt I can easily lift up. It's how I feel most comfortable until my boobs are a little smaller (around a year PP or so). After that I do over the top or wear button-ups.